Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Anytime I hear that I still think of this guy ...

vdub.jpg

This is why I started saying Vdub in the first place rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look! The guy who played Satan in the 2005 movie Constantine!

And Russian gangster in Bad Boys 2 but I think he got the VW gig because he was one of the German nihilist from The Big Lebowski.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know, jellymold is how Aston Martin calls the Fiat 500, a car he hates with a passion, hence his reaction.
Now, honestly, there are cars I dislike as well, but in the immortal words of Princess Elsa: LET IT GO.

I dislike many cars but generally don't want to punch an innocent family for parking next to me, only exception is when I purposefully park my Z in the furthest possible spot to avoid door dings and someone pulls right the fuck up next to it....

I dislike many cars but generally don't want to punch an innocent family for parking next to me, only exception is when I purposefully park my Z in the furthest possible spot to avoid door dings and someone pulls right the fuck up next to it....

Well, yeah, me too, but in that situation I am hating it because it parked too close, not because it is a specific model.

And Russian gangster in Bad Boys 2 but I think he got the VW gig because he was one of the German nihilist from The Big Lebowski.

You are forgetting that he was the kidnapper from Fargo that put Steve Buscemi's character through a wood chipper.

Well, yeah, me too, but in that situation I am hating it because it parked too close, not because it is a specific model.

True but then any amount is too close when the entire goddamn parking lot is empty and they HAD to park next to my car that is in the furthest possible spot from anything.

- - - Updated - - -

You are forgetting that he was the kidnapper from Fargo that put Steve Buscemi's character through a wood chipper.

Never seen Fargo

I was in a carpark today, I stayed in the car while my buddy went into the shop. A Jellymold pulled into the space next to me (In white and driven by a woman obviously) Her husband was in the passenger seat and two kids in the back. I wanted to punch them all in the face.

Are you ever going to mature?

In other news: I've been in the US for work for 5 weeks. I had a Dodge Journey for 4 weeks. Remind me again why people put their hard earned money towards buying one of these?

I'm now in a Corolla, who thought that this interior looks good? So many different colors and textures just randomly thrown together. The shape also reminds me of a grandpa car.
20131205_170312.jpg

True but then any amount is too close when the entire goddamn parking lot is empty and they HAD to park next to my car that is in the furthest possible spot from anything.

That.
I hate that. :lol:

Are you ever going to mature?

In other news: I've been in the US for work for 5 weeks. I had a Dodge Journey for 4 weeks. Remind me again why people put their hard earned money towards buying one of these?

I'm now in a Corolla, who thought that this interior looks good? So many different colors and textures just randomly thrown together. The shape also reminds me of a grandpa car.
20131205_170312.jpg

Pretty sure rick likes it :p And hey it's a Toyota, it could be much worse. Is that a tiny bit of carbon fibre imitation above the hazard flasher? Also don't like cost cutting that creates assymetrical wheel controls. And that little 12 hour clock is still there making everyone miserable. But the rest is isn't that bad.

20131205_170312.jpg

That's still nicer than the "black on black with black accents" version I had in a rental Toyota Auris a few years ago. It looked about as nice as a 1995 Mercedes Sprinter inside.

I haven't seen a Toyota exterior/interior design make sense for about a decade now.

20131205_170312.jpg

Pretty sure rick likes it :p And hey it's a Toyota, it could be much worse. Is that a tiny bit of carbon fibre imitation above the hazard flasher? Also don't like cost cutting that creates asymmetrical wheel controls. And that little 12 hour clock is still there making everyone miserable. But the rest is isn't that bad.

I do like the Journey. It's not a great car but for what it is, it's honest in it's pretensions.

The Corolla interior is better than the last gen but there's still some cheap parts. Odd that M. Bolc's has a leather wheel but no BT though - with BT the wheel controls would be symmetrical. I do like the amber (read: brown) color interior on these, it's not terribly common though.

87101891.jpg

Today on the way home... suddenly a wild BMW I3 (brandnew, as it was on E-plates which only exist since last month) directly followed by a Tesla Model S appear. One fugly car, and one of the most desirable vehicles currently available...

I just grabbed a picture from the Internet. My rental does have BT, but a plastic wheel.
Rick: the car is not brown inside, it's beige.

On the Journey: what do you mean an "honest car?". It is mediocre, bland styling inside and out, the one I had got horrible mileage (22 mpg using cruise control), atrocious ride and handling (weren't crossdressers supposed to have a good ride?), and lacking in features. A touch screen radio but no BT, and why is the seat only half powered? They put a motor the push or pull the seat but not the recliner.

I just checked pricing, that thing isn't cheap either.