Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

All it takes is a bit of fuel to hit the hot exhaust and it will ignite, or fumes to find a bad spark plug wire.

I have mentioned the cities cobbled roads before and they are fabulous to use when in a stupid car. I had to use them today and I believe I have no chassis left. It scraped the shit on something, its raining and I don't want to get wet.

Mustang II stolen, sometime in the last 20 years.

Very odd story. The weirdest part is they want to find a Mustang II.

Having owned one before, they're not bad cars... if you're little people.

Those cars werent made to fit adults i think, my head was in the roof, and the steering wheel was resting on my thighs... and that's in an american car... :p
And the speedo was weird, i only had the 90hp 2.8 V6 version.. and i still bottomed out the speedo, so the top speed i could reach with the car was unleaded fuel only.

Last edited:
Having owned one before, they're not bad cars... if you're little people.

Those cars werent made to fit adults i think, my head was in the roof, and the steering wheel was resting on my thighs... and that's in an american car...
And the speedo was weird, i only had the 90hp 2.8 V6 version.. and i still bottomed out the speedo, so the top speed i could reach with the car was unleaded fuel only.

So it's like a Miata, just far, far worse quality.

Let me guess, 85 MPH speedometer?

So it's like a Miata, just far, far worse quality.

Let me guess, 85 MPH speedometer?

i had a '78 Sedan version, it literally looked like a Honda Prelude around the same year, it's a tiny car.
And yeah, 85mph speedo, i think it also ended at 120kph.

'78 Prelude
HondaPrelude-rear.jpg

'78 Mustang II (though a Ghia, so got the vinyl too)
151935_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Last edited:
Just saw this on wikipedia. The country of Georgia is buying Ford Taurus Interceptors? Why?

Tbilisi%2C_Georgia_

Look at the other vehicles available to them for police service and the answer will be quickly apparent.

vauxhall-insignia-police-car-flexes-its-muscles-for-french-law-enforcers-34681_1.jpg

European makers don't even reinforce their cars for police service over there - and it isn't because they don't need it, just ask any UK officer who's had to do a PIT (or the TPAC counterpart.)

For those countries that can get over various prejudices, American police vehicles seem to work very well. Just ask Russia - the Moscow Militsya (civilian police) absolutely love their Crown Vics.

Last edited:
Yeah, my sister has an ex police Volvo V70, it's not improved from a normal V70, it's even detuned from how it was as a police car, as they're not allowed to sell it on with the police tune.

Did it come with cop shocks and cop brakes?

Just ask Russia - the Moscow Militsya (civilian police) absolutely love their Crown Vics.

I've never seen one of those but I'm on the hunt for a picture now. I mostly saw larger Russian-made vehicles and small european hatches when I was there.

EDIT: Wow. These are wild. They wold make sense on that streetscape for sure though. Seems like they're all out of service now though...

e32a054f050a.jpg

Last edited:
They're not overly common, but they are out there. Most picture's I'm finding are AeroVics.

hgvCSup.jpg

JhZWEKF.jpg

AXNX0Q8.png

My guess is that they were never imported new, and bought already decommissioned here then recommissioned there. Some have even already been redecommissioned
https://www.drive2.ru/r/ford/547050/
https://www.drive2.ru/r/ford/288230376151899397/

Then theres this one that made it over in full NYPD livery
r3WpUWW.jpg

And a Caprice or two also in the ??? (Russian Road police) service
QxhVWI5.png

Last edited:
Yeah, my sister has an ex police Volvo V70, it's not improved from a normal V70, it's even detuned from how it was as a police car, as they're not allowed to sell it on with the police tune.

V70's built as police cars are improved in terms handling components compared to a standard V70. They are taken off the normal assembly line and moved to the special vehicles division for completion.

https://youtu.be/fyh2-sQbSHs?t=3m2s

Last edited:
V70's built as police cars are improved in terms handling components compared to a standard V70. They are taken off the normal assembly line and moved to the special vehicles division for completion.

https://youtu.be/fyh2-sQbSHs?t=3m2s

It's probably a bit amusing from an American's point of view that the TV presenter hadn't driven an automatic car before she got to try the cop car on the track.

Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Tonight I find myself at the local metal parrot farm.

Specifically, in the parrot hospital part of the facility. :p

Last edited: