Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I would argue, that to most people, they wouldn't look at a model T and be able to identify it out of a lineup of other cars from the same era. Even people who are automotive enthusiast. The only people that happens to with the mustang, are people who think that the Mustang and Camaro look alike? Who are generally not automotive enthusiasts.

Only an idiot makes an armored car that the windows can be lowered in. It completely defeats the purpose.

Ask BMW that then: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/general/corporate_direct_sales/security_vehicles/model_overview.html

K5Rsr1L.jpg

I think that depends on the level of armoring, I think most of those BMWs only protect you from pistol caliber rounds.

Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Iconic or not, I read somewhere that the decision to allow a vehicle to be built without the oval must be approved all the way up through Bill Ford. Not many design decisions like this are routed that high up.

So only after the fact will Mr. Ford say "you moron, why did you approve that car?"

I think that depends on the level of armoring, I think most of those BMWs only protect you from pistol caliber rounds.

They're claiming VP7 level protection, which means that it's supposed to be proof against NATO 7.62mm light ball rifle rounds and the odd subcaliber discarding sabot AP 5.56mm rifle rounds and hand grenades.

Of course, the problem with that is that it's not actually AK proof, nor is it proof against a FAL or G3 firing heavier rounds or AP. Which is a shame, because the AK is the most likely threat one of these will find.

The BMW High Security is a VPAM 7 rated car.
as-VPAM-1-14-vs-B1-B7.jpg

So, basically, the "High Security" model should really be named "False Security". They could have done a lot better but instead they decided to forgo fixed windows and ended up with a really shitty armored car.

Last edited:
I'm spending my money on a man. Panpan getting a full valet on Saturday and a full service tomorrow. IF the rockhard bastard sells, I have my eye on something much less stupid and less pretty. But it's also quite homosexual.

I'm spending my money on a man. Panpan getting a full valet on Saturday and a full service tomorrow. IF the rockhard bastard sells, I have my eye on something much less stupid and less pretty. But it's also quite homosexual.

An MX5?

A Jeep!

I'mma guess Forester...

Ford Mustang, of course.

Jaaaaaaaag?

- - - Updated - - -

So, I've been getting more and more serious about woodworking, and delivery costs and vehicle rentals add up. It's not just a case of 'shoulda bought a pickup' as it wouldn't have even fit in the driveway. :lol:

Is it suicide to bring home 4'x8' and 5'x5' sheets of plywood on the roof of a Mazda 3 Hatchback, with a roof rack?

Surface streets only and appropriate clamps/straps, of course.

Jaaaaaaaag?

- - - Updated - - -

So, I've been getting more and more serious about woodworking, and delivery costs and vehicle rentals add up. It's not just a case of 'shoulda bought a pickup' as it wouldn't have even fit in the driveway. :lol:

Is it suicide to bring home 4'x8' and 5'x5' sheets of plywood on the roof of a Mazda 3 Hatchback, with a roof rack?

Surface streets only and appropriate clamps/straps, of course.

Rent a truck to bring them home. Don't be this idiot:
lumber.jpg

It would be two sheets, max. 5x5 would be more common than 4x8.

And yes: I have heard "The best way to transport 4x8 plywood in your car is to use it to transport a 12-pack to a friend that has a truck."

:) guess there's my answer. I need friends.

Last edited: