Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Cars make joyful sounds :D

Indeed. From the roar of the engine to the rustle of the wind as you drive, being a car enthusiast and driving is a absolutely tactile experience.

I did not start that, just trying to make sure when they get caught, it looks much worse for them. ;) :D

The shitty Peugeot with the fart can and mismatched front wings certainly didn't. I think it was screaming to be put out of its misery. :lol:

Well, okay, cars can make joyful sounds :p A straight six topped with a supercharger certainly does :mrgreen:

[video=youtube;0m-ABoHHwq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m-ABoHHwq4[/video]

Saw what I thought was a penis sticker on a Mustang. Got closer and it turned out to be a safety pin with a bow.....

RHgKmjR.jpg

Then passed the car, and it had snake eye stickers over the headlights.

flFivpm.jpg

Hey lady, maybe putting stickers over your lights, no matter how translucent, isn't a good idea. She also had a huge fluffy feathery steering wheel cover, which I'm sure does wonders for her ability to grip the wheel.

EDIT: Just noticed the purple on the front wheel. What in all name of shitty is that?

Last edited:
I thought about it, but does it qualify for carbage?

Saw what I thought was a penis sticker on a Mustang. Got closer and it turned out to be a safety pin with a bow.....

RHgKmjR.jpg

Then passed the car, and it had snake eye stickers over the headlights.

flFivpm.jpg

Hey lady, maybe putting stickers over your lights, no matter how translucent, isn't a good idea. She also had a huge fluffy feathery steering wheel cover, which I'm sure does wonders for her ability to grip the wheel.

EDIT: Just noticed the purple on the front wheel. What in all name of shitty is that?

That's a V6 aint it?

Paging _HighVoltage_...

[video=youtube;D-ouO8Ii74s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ouO8Ii74s[/video]

Hmm... that seemed like a very quick lap to begin with, but then the final time... not so much.

Turbo'd 850s are awesome. Period. Especially with a tow hook and a moose on the rear!

Speaking of turbos... it can happen to all of us.

What's weird is the starter motor on the wagon sounds almost exactly like Michael Winslow imitating a starter motor. Skip to 4:50.

Yes, that's one of the classic noises of the old direct drive starter type. Almost all American cars were stuck with that thing from the 60s on even though there was a gear reduction alternative; Chrysler being the one exception. Direct drive sucks.

You can hear the exact same noises at the start of some Motorweek retro videos on Youtube.

Last edited:
Yes, that's one of the classic noises of the old direct drive starter type. Almost all American cars were stuck with that thing from the 60s on even though there was a gear reduction alternative; Chrysler being the one exception. Direct drive sucks.

You can hear the exact same noises at the start of some Motorweek retro videos on Youtube.

I know this noise well