Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

You need to reset what slow is ;) I've driven the current gen WRX and it's just about where I would say it starts to be quick.

I didn't say it was quick/fast, just said it isn't dreadfully slow. It gets out of its own way. My friend was cross-shopping it with the Focus SE, and the Impreza was the far superior option in terms of driving dynamics. For a daily-driver and a commuter it's not bad at all.

(In a straight line I don't think the Focus ST is fast either. It felt on par with my car. Once again - in a straight line.)

I don't think there is such a thing as a slow car.

Obligatory ...

f6a9ab3ef1ce3434a3e9c501acfc43cf.jpg

I didn't say it was quick/fast, just said it isn't dreadfully slow. It gets out of its own way. My friend was cross-shopping it with the Focus SE, and the Impreza was the far superior option in terms of driving dynamics. For a daily-driver and a commuter it's not bad at all.

(In a straight line I don't think the Focus ST is fast either. It felt on par with my car. Once again - in a straight line.)

I thought Focus ST was slow

- - - Updated - - -

Obligatory ...

My old Buick would agree, if it weren't in pieces lol

Obligatory ...

Hell yes!

Also, now I miss my old Volvo. I haven't seen one with this front end in about a decade now and that makes me sad.

QED?

You realize Outback has same exact motor right? I think they make like 10 more HP than the Crosstrek... Also Outback is not small by any means, Crosstrek>Forester>Outback.

- - - Updated - - -

I found a ton here as well, even the SRT ones :D
I know - many say the Crosstrek is just slooooooooowwwww though in a way the other cars are merely acceptable. Maybe CVT tuning? Idk.

And I was referring to the Crosstrek not the Outback.

Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Ford has a vehicle for you.

2016-ford-flex-limited-blue-front-quarter-left.jpg

I want one so bad but two things are keeping me away.

I don't know if I could handle the drivers foot space. And 2, the mustang would be the one going away and I don't know need two wagon. I know trade in value on the Mercury is atrocious and I don't want somebody else fucking it up.

I want one so bad but two things are keeping me away.

I don't know if I could handle the drivers foot space. And 2, the mustang would be the one going away and I don't know need two wagon. I know trade in value on the Mercury is atrocious and I don't want somebody else fucking it up.

Look into the MKT. Same 3.5 Ecoboost, same usability, more comfortable seats, a little more tech, tragic looks, way cheaper.

With a lot of cars I often go "I want one so bad" and "I want one, so bad". I think there is a difference :p

Look into the MKT. Same 3.5 Ecoboost, same usability, more comfortable seats, a little more tech, tragic looks, way cheaper.

I love my MKT, and you have my eternal thanks for suggesting it. I've got a 2013 so the front end isn't that bad but the rear is... yeah... From the side it looks like a long wagon.
I'd disagree about the usability a bit. The roof line slopes back and that means the third row has less head room than a Flex, not a problem if you have kids but adults won't like it back there.

I love my MKT, and you have my eternal thanks for suggesting it. I've got a 2013 so the front end isn't that bad but the rear is... yeah... From the side it looks like a long wagon.
I'd disagree about the usability a bit. The roof line slopes back and that means the third row has less head room than a Flex, not a problem if you have kids but adults won't like it back there.

Ah. The only MKTs I've driven were stretch limos, so I made assumptions about the standard length one.

Also, if you want the front end to look like the rest for the 2016 Lincoln family, you could get a grille off a 2017. Its not on Lincoln.com yet, but it is on the Fleet site.

ZMPRChi.png

I saw a ad on TV just now for the Elio inviting you to reserve one. o_O Didn't know they were that far along.

I smell a vast tome of fine print to go with that reservation. What I'm trying to say is that I have reservations.

I saw a ad on TV just now for the Elio inviting you to reserve one. o_O Didn't know they were that far along.

Reservations have been open for ages. They had 10k people signed up in Feb 2014. And they were giving out T-shirts for reservations in Jan 2013. I'm more surprised at the fact that they're running TV ads now.

Ah. The only MKTs I've driven were stretch limos, so I made assumptions about the standard length one.

Also, if you want the front end to look like the rest for the 2016 Lincoln family, you could get a grille off a 2017. Its not on Lincoln.com yet, but it is on the Fleet site.

ZMPRChi.png

It isn't a big deal since I've only put children in the third row.
Ohhhhhhh. I don't mind the 2013+ grill but I do like that.
I can't seem to find it on the fleet site though, clicking on the MKT brings you to the 2016 and parts just brings me back to regular Ford parts.