Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

So I recently got ahold of a Pennsylvania Cars Under $1500 facebook sale group.

It is ABSOLUTELY CHOCK FULL of the worst of the worst. SO MANY Mistubishi Eclipses. Used tires of exceptionally sketchy provenance. Tons of XJ Cherokees. Almost as many ZJ Grand Cherokees. Bunch of trashed performance model Subarus with blown engines.

Everything else is carbaged to death.

But... Virtually everything has a manual transmission.

I simply do not understand this place.

So I recently got ahold of a Pennsylvania Cars Under $1500 facebook sale group.

I think I found your problem... :p

Also, it's not hard to understand why they're manuals - either cheapest version to begin with or the now-least popular; remember, manuals are not prized by much of the populace any more. And being Pennsylvania...

With Roger Moore (RIP) all over the news, I'm thinking of James Bond's rides. In the movies he's driven a Sunbeam, a Bentley, plenty of Astons, a Lotus, a Citroen, BMWs, and the odd Ford or GM rental. No Jaguars or TVRs though, even in the books, right?

With Roger Moore (RIP) all over the news, I'm thinking of James Bond's rides. In the movies he's driven a Sunbeam, a Bentley, plenty of Astons, a Lotus, a Citroen, BMWs, and the odd Ford or GM rental. No Jaguars or TVRs though, even in the books, right?

I feel like a TVR is too flashy, too flamboyant for someone like Bond.

Last edited:

Jaguars are mostly the cars of Bond's antagonists. Or his bosses; he actually drives M around in an X351 at the end of Skyfall and in various movies M briefs Bond in the back of a Daimler DS420 - a limo version of the Jaguar MkX/420G that ran from 1968 to 1992.

Move on.

I just watched the Motorweek review of the Chevy Bolt and noticed it has lots of things in common with the new Astra. It's been a while since I saw US and European GM share design details like this.

Well, unless you count them sharing entire cars like the various Buick and Opel models obviously.

fT7snSs.jpg

sTorAHi.jpg