Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Hmm... apart from the C-pillar shenanigans, I don't really see anything that is all that similar between the two to be honest :dunno: Can't comment on interior of course, just going off those two pictures you posted.

Not sure if this is automotive or political, or both. But it sure is random :D. On the matter of Trumps latest blabla.

1prpqi.jpg

H1 Hummer towing a caravan... 40 miles behind was a H2 towing a caravan, I have many many questions.

Hummer seems to be the best vehicle to take to a caravan key party. :jeremy:

Not sure if this is automotive or political, or both. But it sure is random :D. On the matter of Trumps latest blabla.

1prpqi.jpg

And they say Trump doesn't care about protecting the environment. :p

Hey remember when they introduced fines for speeding and people stopped speeding? No? Me neither.
Remember when complete elimination of something was ever a realistic goal? Me neither. Remember when making a significant reduction in something happened? We're living in it.

Remember when complete elimination of something was ever a realistic goal? Me neither. Remember when making a significant reduction in something happened? We're living in it.
You unamerican, liberty-hating commie! :D

orly.jpg

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022437507001272
some science dudes said:
Results

For speeding in general, no effect of increasing fixed penalties can be found. For speeding close to speed camera sites, there is a weak tendency for the violation rate to go down. This tendency is not statistically significant at conventional levels.

So even when receiving a ticket is nearly a guarantee people still do it.

- - - Updated - - -

You unamerican, liberty-hating commie! :D

Just a non-realist

Last edited:
During the years 1995?2004, the rates for fixed penalties for traffic offences in Norway increased substantially
So there were penalties beforehand but with lower rates. Meanwhile, that rolling coal law is going from no penalties to some penalties. Not directly comparable.

So there were penalties beforehand but with lower rates. Meanwhile, that rolling coal law is going from no penalties to some penalties. Not directly comparable.
Sure it's not directly comparable but it's a pretty decent indicator of how effective something like that might be. Also remember that to roll coal one has to spend some money modifying the truck in the first place. It's just going to be same as it is with speeding, drifting, burnouts, etc... People will look out for 5-0 and do it when they are reasonably sure none is around.

- - - Updated - - -

There are assholes in every crowd.
2 Things
THING 1
This tendency is not statistically significant at conventional levels.
suggests that the number of assholes is relatively constant and brings us to
THING 2
You are completely defeating your entire point, if the asshole ratio is relatively constant and they are not generally deterred by fines then how do you expect to make a difference with fines?

Look in the mirror.
Riiight, because basing opinions on statistical studies done for similar regulations is so completely unrealistic...

Last edited:
Do you seriously think that the type of people to roll coal would be deterred in any noticeable way? It's just going to be same as it is with speeding, drifting, burnouts, etc... People will look out for 5-0 and do it when they are reasonably sure none is around.
Yup. I expect a non-negligible number of coal rollers or potential coal rollers are cowardly enough to give up their habit soon as they hear the ban being actually enforced. So how about we take the scientific approach and let the trial run its course the way that paper did?

Yup. I expect a non-negligible number of coal rollers or potential coal rollers are cowardly enough to give up their habit soon as they hear the ban being actually enforced. So how about we take the scientific approach and let the trial run its course the way that paper did?

Fair enough.

If the assholes want to continue being so, at least they can be punished monetarily, unlike now. They could also get noticed and potentially get forced to reverse the mods as well as fined for making them in the first place.