Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Fuckwads who FUCKING SLOW DOWN OR STOP at the end of a on ramp make me have "Alex Jones freakout" levels of road rage.

The kind where my voice changes and grows hoarse from the screaming. Where my fists pound the steering wheel in a weird sort of "I'm choking the shit out of you" while I'm seeing shades of flashing red mist take over my vision.

The kind with language that would make my family wonder if i'm ok?

The kind where my goddamn temples throb because I'm that fucking seething with rage. Where I'm tempted to pass with a middle finger standing erect firmly in the offending driver's direction while laying on the horn.

It happened TWICE in one day, TWICE!

One incident proved that PA Subaru drivers fall into two camps - people who can drive (BRZ, WRX, mayyyybe Forester XT drivers) and people who shouldn't be allowed within 300 ft of a fucking car.

The latter are people who, instead of getting a licence renewal, should just be given a goddamn BUS PASS. But knowing them, they'd find some way to fuck that up and slow that down for everyone involved.

This is my trigger, a lot of the time, I'm calm.

Get big ass bumper with grille guard with some ridiculously bright lights. Wire them via relay to a very loud horn. Employ the horn when you see some idiot doing this and watch the panic set in, followed by their mindless fleeing. :D

People that do that are one of my triggers as well....come on, plan ahead and MERGE? you motherless waste of carbon!

Fuckwads who FUCKING SLOW DOWN, GLACIALLY ACCELERATE, OR STOP at the end of a on ramp with a lengthy lead up to the merge point (on ramps that don't have stop signs at the end of them, which is a thing here as well) make me have "Alex Jones freakout" levels of road rage.

The kind where my voice grows guttural and grows hoarse from the screaming. Where my fists pound the steering wheel in a weird sort of "I'm choking the shit out of you" while I'm seeing shades of flashing red mist take over my vision.

The kind with language that would make my family wonder if i'm ok?

The kind where my goddamn temples throb because I'm that fucking seething with rage. Where I'm tempted to pass with a middle finger standing erect firmly in the offending driver's direction while laying on the horn.

It happened TWICE in one day, TWICE! I'm in a compact SUV that only had 190 hp WHEN NEW - there's no excuse why your 2016 whatever with 265 HP can't fucking match the speed of oncoming traffic and merge. none.

One incident proved that PA Subaru drivers fall into two camps - people who can drive (BRZ, WRX, mayyyybe Forester XT drivers) and people who shouldn't be allowed within 300 ft of a fucking car.

The latter are people who, instead of getting a licence renewal, should just be given a goddamn BUS PASS. But knowing them, they'd find some way to fuck that up and slow that down for everyone involved.

This might not be something you can pull off in your car but what I tend to do with those is go around and then block them from merging on.

- - - Updated - - -

Get big ass bumper with grille guard with some ridiculously bright lights. Wire them via relay to a very loud horn. Employ the horn when you see some idiot doing this and watch the panic set in, followed by their mindless fleeing. :D

Yes get an air horn!

I see more ND Miata RF than non-RF. If they wanted a hardtop so bad, they should have bought a BRZ. :)

I mean...it *is* getting the full range battery, just not in the first run of a few tens of thousands.

And not at the 35k price point.

- - - Updated - - -
Fuckwads who FUCKING SLOW DOWN, GLACIALLY ACCELERATE, OR STOP at the end of a on ramp with a lengthy lead up to the merge point.

Actually, those WRX drivers are the fucking worst.

I assume you're referring to... Queen Street/PA74 northbound to I-83 northbound. Something about that fucking ramp makes it unpossible for the average fuckwit to merge.

Last edited:
Why hasn't PA created roads with more lanes between towns? These two laned slow as shit roads are irritating as fuck.

The latter are people who, instead of getting a license renewal, should just be given a goddamn BUS PASS. But knowing them, they'd find some way to fuck that up and slow that down for everyone involved.

Rick

As you get older, you?ll find out that the people you reference are the ?hand-wringers?.
They stand at the counter at McDonald?s with their four snot-nosed kids and hold up everyone else while the kids are each allowed to change their mind five times.
They count the number of people on the elevator twice before getting on.
They NEVER have a pen, a Kleenex, a pocket knife or any change for a parking meter.
They stand beside their car staring blankly at traffic when they have a flat ? not that their spare would have any air in it?

It?s YOUR job to take care of these people! As a tax-paying citizen, you need to offer them moral and financial support as well fixing whatever is broken in their lives.

If you think that they?ll ever learn how to estimate the closing time of a car in the lane you both want to merge into, you have a lot more faith than I do!

SL

:lol:

People that do that are one of my triggers as well....come on, plan ahead and MERGE? you motherless waste of carbon!

IKR!?

This might not be something you can pull off in your car but what I tend to do with those is go around and then block them from merging on.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes get an air horn!

Sadly not something I can pull off. (the going around thing, not the air horn thing) I wish I could.

Actually, those WRX drivers are the fucking worst.

I assume you're referring to... Queen Street/PA74 northbound to I-83 northbound. Something about that fucking ramp makes it unpossible for the average fuckwit to merge.

Yes, this is one of the primary offenders, that fucking ramp.....

Why hasn't PA created roads with more lanes between towns? These two laned slow as shit roads are irritating as fuck.

Dunno, I'm lucky if I get 3 lanes on I-83/81 and those are usually uphills for trucks

Rick

As you get older, you?ll find out that the people you reference are the ?hand-wringers?.
They stand at the counter at McDonald?s with their four snot-nosed kids and hold up everyone else while the kids are each allowed to change their mind five times.
They NEVER have a pen, a Kleenex, a pocket knife or any change for a parking meter.
They stand beside their car staring blankly at traffic when they have a flat ? not that their spare would have any air in it?

It?s YOUR job to take care of these people! As a tax-paying citizen, you need to offer them moral and financial support as well fixing whatever is broken in their lives.

If you think that they?ll ever learn how to estimate the closing time of a car in the lane you both want to merge into, you have a lot more faith than I do!

SL

:lol:

Rick

SL

My favourite: the women that come to the front of a looong queue and suddenly realize they'll need their wallet. Which is at the bottom of their five gallon handbag.

Doesn't seem to make rush hour any faster than on smaller freeways in the area from what I've seen on my trips down there.

Well yeah that was the big thing that they increased the number of lanes and traffic got worse because more people started taking it.

It has here. The stretch of I90 from Elgin to O'hare airport was 3 lane in each direction. You would have massive backups at large interchanges and cause miles of backups. Now that they've made it 4-5 lanes in each direction, if you're inbound to Chicago, you don't stop until you reach the I90 and I294 interchange where it squishes two lanes from both into 3 lanes. Going outbound, there are no more backups. You can do 75-85 until the Wisconsin boarder.

It has here. The stretch of I90 from Elgin to O'hare airport was 3 lane in each direction. You would have massive backups at large interchanges and cause miles of backups. Now that they've made it 4-5 lanes in each direction, if you're inbound to Chicago, you don't stop until you reach the I90 and I294 interchange where it squishes two lanes from both into 3 lanes. Going outbound, there are no more backups. You can do 75-85 until the Wisconsin boarder.

That may be more due to mass emigration from Illinois than from the highway expansion, though.

Illinois loses more residents in 2016 than any other state

For the third consecutive year, Illinois has lost more residents than any other state, losing 37,508 people in 2016, which puts its population at the lowest it has been in nearly a decade, according to U.S. census data released Tuesday.Illinois is among just eight states to lose residents, putting its population at 12,801,539 people, its lowest since about 2009.

Your population and likely the traffic levels are now down to where they were in around 2009.

- - - Updated - - -

My favourite: the women that come to the front of a looong queue and suddenly realize they'll need their wallet. Which is at the bottom of their five gallon handbag.

And once they get their wallet out, they painfully, laboriously, break out a checkbook and slowly, painstakingly write out a paper check instead of using the debit card linked to the same account. Said check will be scanned in at the register and handed back and is basically processed the same as the debit card would be - so the only thing this achieved was to take up way more time than the transaction had to, the waste of a paper check and annoying all the people stuck in line behind them.

Last edited:
Perfect! More road for the rest of us.

But, that's been an ongoing story the past few years.

Can't be worse than Brooklyn

No, their rates are elevated in part by the burning, collapsing partially abandoned s**thole and center of insurance fraud called Detroit. :p

Internet regulations require this to be posted now:

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect! More road for the rest of us.

But, that's been an ongoing story the past few years.

The problem now is that with the reduced tax base, the Center Of American Corruption known as Illinois is going to have even more funding issues. Reduced tax base plus unreduced skimming by corrupt employees and contractors = things grind to a halt.

Last edited: