Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Ford does it on their hybrids

...and Toyota is starting to on a couple of vehicles.

The CVT in the wife's 2010 Altima so far (knocks on wood) has been fine. I don't drive it nearly as much as I used to, so when I drive it now it seems weird again. She's used to it though and seems to extract maximum thrust out of the car at every stoplight.

Jeep is at the dealer and wants $716 to replace the power transfer unit on the transmission. It's been leaking for a while and was brought up to me a couple of years ago. Too bad it didn't leak enough to burn up anything more expensive.

Bought by tuners, tuned within an inch of their lives. Blown, crashed and otherwise disposed off like most cheap sports cars.

20 years and corrosion.

20 years and corrosion.

Doesn't explain where the hordes of them that lived in the South and West went.

There are still some around, just not the flood tide there used to be. Mostly gaasc's got the right of it; the same thing happened to all the Focus SVTs, though the Focus SVT build quality was quite a lot worse and that didn't help.

There are always exceptions, but 20 ish years of wear and tear means most are in the recycle bin. Same thing that happens to most cars.

Finally getting around to paying that stupid handheld speed camera ticket, which includes watching the video of it.

The front of the Legacy is apparently a goddamn stealth bomber. The radar only actually locks in when it tracks over the fucking front license plate. :idea:

Finally getting around to paying that stupid handheld speed camera ticket, which includes watching the video of it.

The front of the Legacy is apparently a goddamn stealth bomber. The radar only actually locks in when it tracks over the fucking front license plate. :idea:

Are you sure it is radar and not LIDAR? Retroreflective license plates make good LIDAR targets and that's what they normally shoot at.

On paper, it's supposed to be RADAR.

But it's Redflex, so who the fuck knows.

- - - Updated - - -

I monitor a Facebook cars/trucks/etc. under $2000 for sale group targeted to Pennsyltucky. Hilarious things sometimes happen.

96 Integra GSR, $800.
"an no it doesn't have the gsr engine someone switched it out with a d16z6 It runs an drives an only has surface rust it justbran out of inspection but will pass.... it needs a throttle position sensor an a coolant sensor in the head has new head gasket intake plenum gasket timing belt an tensioner its lowered on tru sport struts an coil overs its git aftermarket rear lower control arms has full exhaust its loud a.f..... its $800.00 no more no less no trades just cash money come get it"

In other words, not a GSR at all. Comments consist of "stop lowballing me"

There's also a riced as fuck 94 Legacy without rust that would be a good panel donor (assuming I were to find it's actually not rusty and actually not bondo), but the smeghead wants $1200.

I think that already was at LeMons.