Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

The SRT-10 was launched in 2002 or 2003, wasn't it? Didn't that mark the beginning of a pretty significant rise in gasoline prices, a drop in truck and SUV sales, and an increase in small cars and hybrids? That could have been the result of timing.

Anyway, I'd bet that a limited production run every year would manage to sell, especially if marketed well. Like I said, they already have pretty much all the parts needed, so the R&D would be minimal.
Not quite on the gas price timeline. It wasn't until 06 that it really started climbing past the psychological threshold for trucks and SUVs and sales started to be impacted. Sales had tanked for hypersport trucks long before then.

Annual-gas-prices-1919-2011.jpg

There's a dealership making their own new Lightning equivalents now. It remains to be seen how well they will sell.

Roush has also announced a new Lightning equivalent back in 2016. Reportedly sales are very slow.

The biggest problem for all these hypersport trucks is that while they may be great fun to do burnouts with, they're almost always terrible as trucks - and you can't sit in a parking lot and just do burnouts every day. These things usually can't haul, can't tow and suck at all the other things people use trucks for; a friend of mine had a 2002 H-D which is a detuned Lightning - his max tow weight was a pathetic 4,500lbs. Payload was equally bad - 1375lbs. That's five average guys plus some luggage and you're basically done.

Last edited:
Well, there's a name I haven't seen in a while... :p

:blink:
swek?
What year is this?

The biggest problem for all these hypersport trucks is that while they may be great fun to do burnouts with, they're almost always terrible as trucks - and you can't sit in a parking lot and just do burnouts every day. These things usually can't haul, can't tow and suck at all the other things people use trucks for; a friend of mine had a 2002 H-D which is a detuned Lightning - his max tow weight was a pathetic 4,500lbs. Payload was equally bad - 1375lbs. That's five average guys plus some luggage and you're basically done.
Add to it that if you wanna do burn outs all day you can get a $35k V8 pony car instead of ponying up :drums: 60-70K for a nearly useless hypertruck.

Well, there's a name I haven't seen in a while...
Hey there!

FIAT PANDA
1.2L of fury in FIAT/Alfa Rosso 289/A

That's not a bicycle!
Gotta say, I did a double take to make sure I wasn't accidentally on page 5 or something...
Very keen observation. Ended up getting my driver's license afterall.
And hey it would have been page 157. Give me some credit at least.

swek?
What year is this?
It's 2017 I think.

I'll surely have plenty of stupid automotive questions to bother you with in the future.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Did he check his mirrors first?

I don't remember, do you murder the prostitute before or after getting a gear lever up your bottom?

Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Change gear, check your mirrors and then murder.

Going to have to watch that episode tonight. :lol: