Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

It happens.

an '06-'10 with the 4.6 and the Six-Speed should be good enough for rick. Good, sturdy vehicle with a frame and reliable oily bits.

I?ve know a few of that generation go for 300,000 miles before something major, like a transmission failing on those.

How big of a truck would you want for towing a car or two on the highway? 3/4 ton or 1 ton?
I think it's going to depend on your trailer. Open single wheel, dual or triple axle, tag or gooseneck could probably be done with a 3/4 ton. Get much bigger than that with the trailer or go enclosed, 1 ton or bigger. There's deals to be had on low mileage Internationals.

I think it's going to depend on your trailer. Open single wheel, dual or triple axle, tag or gooseneck could probably be done with a 3/4 ton. Get much bigger than that with the trailer or go enclosed, 1 ton or bigger. There's deals to be had on low mileage Internationals.

I'd also say depends on a car, if you are dealing with two miatas its different than two Maybachs :p

A modern 3/4 ton diesel will do a one car enclosed trailer or two car flatbed without problem.

A modern 1 ton may as well be a 90s semi truck.

Hotshots all drive 1 tons with 4 and 5 car trailers.

For multicar open trailers, you buy Kauffman trailers. They even have a 2 car bumper pull, which is nearly unheard of

Last edited:
Oh dude, 1 ton dually's are insane-o. I seem the regularly hauling those kauffman trailers like they're a mini car hauler. Just nuts...

Boston-ites of FG, I will be in Boston on 10/21 in the evening for...reasons :cool:

If anyone wants to join me and LCG for a mini-meet, PM me.

Boston-ites of FG, I will be in Boston on 10/21 in the evening for...reasons :cool:

If anyone wants to join me and LCG for a mini-meet, PM me.

Can't this wait till Thanksgiving when I'll be in town?!

Sooo, a danish TV presenter had a little crash in his S7 this morning :blink:

F52dE1p.jpg

0HSup0I.jpg

SapDr2f.jpg

tFrlRoC.jpg

Poo must've come out.

A selfie? Really?

I didn't know they made S7 cabrios.

:dunno: I think it's a good demonstration of how close he was to dying. The pic might even motivate some people to pay more attention to the road and not allow themselves to be distracted by their phones or infotainment systems of whatever. I don't have a problem with it.

with enough speed and careful application of a tractor trailer, we can make a cabrio ANYTHING! :p

:dunno: I think it's a good demonstration of how close he was to dying. The pic might even motivate some people to pay more attention to the road and not allow themselves to be distracted by their phones or infotainment systems of whatever. I don't have a problem with it.

Gonna have to agree here. Its one thing when you or someone is injured and you take a selfie before calling the ambulance - I think we saw that not too long ago where some girl was more worried about her live stream instead of her dying sister. But in this case, he look fine (physically). I think its ok.

with enough speed and careful application of a tractor trailer, we can make a cabrio ANYTHING! :p

:lol:

Last edited:
Eh, if I were stuck and uninjured and sitting around waiting for someone to chop the pointy metal bits out of the way, I'd probably take a selfie.

And attach it to "I'm going to be late to work"

Last edited: