Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I can see the advantage for touring. With how small the windows have gotten on many modern cars, the glass roof is a nice way to take the world around you.

Or just buy a motorcycle.

Or a convertible, which is really why I have trouble understanding the point of these things.

Or a convertible, which is really why I have trouble understanding the point of these things.

I actually find driving in the rain with the sunroof shade open (but glass closed..... obviously) really nice. The same cannot be said about a convertible.

Convertibles are easily burglarized, require additional maintenance, tend to be louder, are heavier than a hardtop due to the additional frame stiffening that is needed, and not everyone wants one. With a glass roof you can enjoy the view in any weather, rain, shine, heat, or cold.

Fun fact - when I was first thinking about ordering my Mustang, the glass roof was pretty high on my list of options to tick on the order sheet.

KZ54shgl.png

u0WYqtyl.png

Ultimately cost kept it off my final order. But that didn't matter since I ended up canceling that order anyways because the dealer was terrible and ended up with a car that was already on the lot at a different dealer.

When I was looking for a Mustang GT I couldn't even FIND one with the glass roof within 500 miles of me. I would of probably of ended up buying one had I located one.

Convertibles are easily burglarized, require additional maintenance, tend to be louder, are heavier than a hardtop due to the additional frame stiffening that is needed, and not everyone wants one. With a glass roof you can enjoy the view in any weather, rain, shine, heat, or cold.

The only view that matters is front windshield, if you got time to look up or around YOU ARE GOING TO SLOW. Same goes for a vert btw, go fast enough and rain wont touch you :p

The only view that matters is front windshield, if you got time to look up or around YOU ARE GOING TO SLOW. Same goes for a vert btw, go fast enough and rain wont touch you :p

It isn't all about the view, it is also about being bathed in sunshine. Though, when we move to Idaho (or maybe western Montana?) it WILL be about the views. I'll drive 10 miles under the speed limit and enjoy it...since a lot do that anyway. Well those that don't live in Boise anyway...

It isn't all about the view, it is also about being bathed in sunshine. Though, when we move to Idaho (or maybe western Montana?) it WILL be about the views. I'll drive 10 miles under the speed limit and enjoy it...since a lot do that anyway. Well those that don't live in Boise anyway...

Can confirm, southern Idaho is dull as fuck. About as bad as mid-southern Illinois.

Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Never mind the Russian. If we lived in a concrete jungle with potholes as deep as VW's dieselgate debt, speed limits as restrictive as a SJW's outlook on freedom of speech, and traffic thick enough halt mobility faster than a brainstem stroke, we too would probably have no appreciation for scenery or sunshine. :p

Last edited:
Never mind the Russian. If we lived in a concrete jungle with potholes as deep as VW's dieselgate debt, speed limits as restrictive as a SJW's outlook on freedom of speech, and traffic thick enough halt mobility faster than a brainstem stroke, we too would probably have no appreciation for scenery or sunshine. :p

Sunshine hurts us precioussss it buuuurns us and it makes us hot precioussss.

Actually, if you can't find a last-gen 'truck' Explorer with the 6 speed, your best bet from the prior generation is the Lincoln Aviator. Nobody remembers them, they have terrible resale value, they have the 32V naturally aspirated 4.6L Cobra motor in them and they often had all sorts of nice optional extras - like HIDs or heated and cooled seats - that you couldn't get on a Mountaineer or Exploder.

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/2004-lincoln-aviator-luxury/6340089514.html
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-lincoln-aviator-3rd-row/6342689287.html

Here's one in rick's favorite color:
https://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-lincoln-aviator-awd/6332861589.html

I don't wanna tie up the thread with my car search, let's continue it here: https://forums.finalgear.com/post-y...d-box-1995-jeep-cherokee-sport-59410/page-37/

Aviator - :hmm:

I'll take my chances :p

Yes, I am making fun of him for it though :p

:lol: As stated, I don't need a sunroof. It would have been nice to have though.

Fun fact - when I was first thinking about ordering my Mustang, the glass roof was pretty high on my list of options to tick on the order sheet.

KZ54shgl.png

u0WYqtyl.png

Ultimately cost kept it off my final order. But that didn't matter since I ended up canceling that order anyways because the dealer was terrible and ended up with a car that was already on the lot at a different dealer.

That's nice!

First Challenger Hellcat police pursuit I've heard of. A couple times the damn thing starts pulling away from the helicopters.

Note: Journalists presenting this chase do know a bit about the Hellcat, but they're still morons.

Last edited:
First Challenger Hellcat police pursuit I've heard of. A couple times the damn thing starts pulling away from the helicopters.

Note: Journalists presenting this chase do know a bit about the Hellcat, but they're still morons.

One of the morning radio shows said the car topped out at 150 :lol:

The guy also said he was pissed he got cow shit on his new shoes that he also probably stole from the galleria.

Can confirm, southern Idaho is dull as fuck. About as bad as mid-southern Illinois.

"Dull as fuck" to you maybe. And by no means is it as "bad as mid-southern Illinois" because it just isn't. also, I'm tired of living in this shithole sweatbox of the country that's slowly turning from red to blue. Plus ... because, guns, mountains and other things. :)

Epic reply. :D

The thought of walking out my front door sitting down on my chair on the porch and drinking some tea staring at this everyday until I die is something that is too strong to resist. This is an actual piece of property I have saved that I'm watching closely. Now imagine driving around with that as a backdrop? :mrgreen:

ISy7wtte0yict50000000000.jpg

"Dull as fuck" to you maybe. And by no means is it as "bad as mid-southern Illinois" because it just isn't. also, I'm tired of living in this shithole sweatbox of the country that's slowly turning from red to blue. Plus ... because, guns, mountains and other things. :)

Epic reply. :D

The thought of walking out my front door sitting down on my chair on the porch and drinking some tea staring at this everyday until I die is something that is too strong to resist. This is an actual piece of property I have saved that I'm watching closely. Now imagine driving around with that as a backdrop? :mrgreen:

ISy7wtte0yict50000000000.jpg

Eww outside.....

I already tried that.

Yea well, his loss I suppose. :lol: Hopefully when we relocate up there I'll have a regular Monday through Friday job so I can actually do shit on the weekends. Sucks missing out on so much...

Yea well, his loss I suppose. :lol: Hopefully when we relocate up there I'll have a regular Monday through Friday job so I can actually do shit on the weekends. Sucks missing out on so much...

Offset shifts do suck, used to do that :(

I tried leaving NYC once, it was a terrible experience, there were long stretches of nothing and all restaurants were chains. It was some strange land called Nue Jeorsi?

Offset shifts do suck, used to do that :(

I tried leaving NYC once, it was a terrible experience, there were long stretches of nothing and all restaurants were chains. It was some strange land called Nue Jeorsi?

?If Boreas wanted to play horror movies, then horror movies it would be. In a flash Mac Walters became King Kong, a larger-than-the-movies King Kong, towering over the buildings, almost half as tall as the structures of Rockefeller Center only a few blocks away. He could see all the way to the Hudson to the west, though, and noted, in the back of his mind, that the world seemed to end there, leaving only a blank grayness beyond the river. He wondered for the briefest of seconds whether or not New Jersey was actually there or whether the construct merely ended at the river. With New Jersey it was impossible to say.? - From Jack L. Chalker's fantasy novel, ?And The Devil Will Drag You Under."