Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Offset shifts do suck, used to do that :(

Tell me about it. My wife and I haven't had a regular day off together since she moved to the M-F shift in July 2016. Sometimes we have to play hooky just to have a day off together--or take vacation days. I'm hoping one or both of us can find a remote job in ID/MT/WY when we relocate. I wish our employer would allow it but they only allow it if someone else is already remote in that state. Something to do with the taxes or whatnot.

I'm really pleased with Griot's Garage wax and speed shine:

NNPRNUB.jpg

xGh36V0.jpg

6DRpnhH.jpg

Reactions: TC
?If Boreas wanted to play horror movies, then horror movies it would be. In a flash Mac Walters became King Kong, a larger-than-the-movies King Kong, towering over the buildings, almost half as tall as the structures of Rockefeller Center only a few blocks away. He could see all the way to the Hudson to the west, though, and noted, in the back of his mind, that the world seemed to end there, leaving only a blank grayness beyond the river. He wondered for the briefest of seconds whether or not New Jersey was actually there or whether the construct merely ended at the river. With New Jersey it was impossible to say.? - From Jack L. Chalker's fantasy novel, ?And The Devil Will Drag You Under."

I should read this book.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me about it. My wife and I haven't had a regular day off together since she moved to the M-F shift in July 2016. Sometimes we have to play hooky just to have a day off together--or take vacation days. I'm hoping one or both of us can find a remote job in ID/MT/WY when we relocate. I wish our employer would allow it but they only allow it if someone else is already remote in that state. Something to do with the taxes or whatnot.

Good luck :)

Seems like a reasonable mean of transportation, I encourage you to proceed in this endeavour.

Or, in other words,

Last edited:
I'm kinda hankering after a similar number of wheels driven, similar horsepower output, and a similar level of Datsunness, but two more cylinders.
2011infinitimopt.jpg

Currently lusting after a Datsun with a stupid name. Specifically, an Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400 - that "400" refers to horsepower generated by a twin-turbo V6.

You gonna be ok with an Autotragic?

- - - Updated - - -

Tried to turn around and made a mistake of moving too slowly. Then, I wasn't moving at all. :lol:

byRKypx.jpg

NEVER SLOW DOWN!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm kinda hankering after a similar number of wheels driven, similar horsepower output, and a similar level of Datsunness, but two more cylinders.
2011infinitimopt.jpg

Yours is better because it has more cylinders.

7IUJcHC.jpg

I like this one the most. :)

Yeah, I got over liking those. They're also narrow and cramped. If I wanted a cramped good-looking V8 performance sedan, I'd just go for a Jag XJR.

It looks great but it's slow.

Not really slow... 0-60's run mid to upper 5's (MT says 5.8s). It's generally accepted to do 5.6~5.8s on average under ideal conditions/elevation. Also, don't forget 340bhp 333tq is nothing to sneeze at even a few years ago, and at the time it was on the streets new it was plenty fast. It would easily give a 2002-2003 Mustang GT auto a run for its money. It would downright leave the Lincoln LS V8 in the dust--which I also like.

dat sound

(FF to 0:44)

Always have a soft spot for these. I went looking for weeks for one several years ago and never found one with the right mileage. With the exhaust setup in that video it almost sounds Ford Modular-like doesn't it?