Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Geeze I missed discussion of complex mechanical systems and microfiche? :lol:

I have a notebook with just over 100 microfiche films for old watch parts and technical data. Used them a few times back home when I could walk up to the university to use their equipment, but haven't bothered to find a place locally that has a machine I can use.

FYI, UT Dallas's library has two of them for free community use. Bring a USB drive. SMU has some as well but it's hard to get access to them.

Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Does it bug anyone else here when you see somebody driving and their car (exterior) is absolutely filthy regardless if it?s a ?cool? car or not?

It came up because I saw someone today driving an early 2000s white Grand Marquis that clearly sits under some dirty trees and for long periods of time. It had that black gunge that some trees will leave on anything that sits underneath it. It?s not like a car wash even costs all that much. If you haven?t a clue or know that brushes aren?t good for the finish, you won?t even have to get out of your car. I wasn?t angry just sort of... bummed that someone could not be bothered to keep their vehicle semi clean on a regular basis. Just give a little bit of a shit.

Last edited:
It does but I?m also guilty of that often, my car wash is expensive and takes a really long time so it?s hard to fit it into my schedule :(

I can't say seeing dirty cars really bothers me, although it does affect my impression of the driver. Probably not surprising as most of the cars I've owned look best with a coating of mud.

I still love those, probably my favourite Italian car. I think it's prettier than the Miura while still having similar styling and the dash is just bonkerstastic.

It is a beautiful car, no doubt, but it isn't Miura-beautiful to me.

It is a beautiful car, no doubt, but it isn't Miura-beautiful to me.

I am gonna side with you on that one BUT I have never seen a Miura in person, and the Montreal is striking, so maybe that changes. :lol:

The cars get a good bath three times a year. Other than that, rain cleans them off. ;)

Once a week unless I forget or someone else is driving them.

Is there anyone here that could give me some info on automotive shops in the US(Florida)
So I need HVAC blower resistor kit for my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee and my parents are visiting Florida, Fort Myers to be exact, does anyone know of a shop that could have this in stock?

It's been below and around 32 degrees here for about a month or more with windspeeds going up to 30m/s and I really want heat in my Jeep right now.

Pretty please

Is there anyone here that could give me some info on automotive shops in the US(Florida)
So I need HVAC blower resistor kit for my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee and my parents are visiting Florida, Fort Myers to be exact, does anyone know of a shop that could have this in stock?

It's been below and around 32 degrees here for about a month or more with windspeeds going up to 30m/s and I really want heat in my Jeep right now.

Pretty please
Your average Jeep dealer should have that part available; alternately an online parts place like Rockauto or Partsgeek does too if it can be shipped to where they are. Given it's Thanksgiving Day weekend though be prepared for traffic and waiting if they're going in person.

Is the 928 fine to you? Because I really don't like the 928 and the 968 looks (to me) Like someone took a perfectly good 944 and ruined it.

Pretty please

Depends. Do you want to fix it yourself or just buy the part and do it yourself?

A blower motor resistor for your model of Jeep should be in stock in nearly every auto parts store like Autozone, O?Reilly, and Advance Auto Parts. You can check stock with these stores online before going in, too.

Otherwise, dealers in the area should have it in stock. It?s common and the grand Cherokee is popular enough to make it easy to get.

Is the 928 fine to you? Because I really don't like the 928 and the 968 looks (to me) Like someone took a perfectly good 944 and ruined it.

I was actually thinking 928 not 968 but they are not all that far off from each other so yeah.

Depends. Do you want to fix it yourself or just buy the part and do it yourself?

A blower motor resistor for your model of Jeep should be in stock in nearly every auto parts store like Autozone, O?Reilly, and Advance Auto Parts. You can check stock with these stores online before going in, too.

Otherwise, dealers in the area should have it in stock. It?s common and the grand Cherokee is popular enough to make it easy to get.

Thanks! I was looking for a store like AutoZone, completely forgot about that one. They have it in stock at a location in Fort Myers. So hopefully in a few days i can drive my Jeep again!

They have 2 available, 4Seasons/Everco($260) and Duralast($86), which should I go for?