Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Got the intake leak fixed on the mustang. Was not expecting it to snow yesterday. The mustang has its summer tires on. I had no problems until I got onto my street which was the only stretch of pavement with snow besides my driveway. I had zero traction. Like, nothing. I’m not stupid, I fully knew what could’ve happened. I kept my distance and drove gingerly. Next time I get the call, I won’t be so eager to go pick up a summer tired car in the winter. We had a break in weather and figured I’d get it done now.

I got quite uncreative in picking a replacement for the 9000. PYC thread coming soon.

Labcoatguy;n3546336 said:
I got quite uncreative in picking a replacement for the 9000. PYC thread coming soon.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/pic.armedcats.net\/l\/la\/labcoatguy\/2018\/02\/19\/9-3_shifter.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Well, that's disappointing. :p And lends credence to the theory that Saab ownership is not unlike Stockholm Syndrome after a while.

Last edited:
93Flareside;n3546335 said:
Got the intake leak fixed on the mustang. Was not expecting it to snow yesterday. The mustang has its summer tires on. I had no problems until I got onto my street which was the only stretch of pavement with snow besides my driveway. I had zero traction. Like, nothing. I’m not stupid, I fully knew what could’ve happened. I kept my distance and drove gingerly. Next time I get the call, I won’t be so eager to go pick up a summer tired car in the winter. We had a break in weather and figured I’d get it done now.

Dump the summers bruh, I couldn't be happier with my Michellin Pilot A/S set, I don't find them to have any less traction in the dry than the summers and they are better in the wet. Can't say anything about snow though I don't typically take it out in snow.

Saw my first Demon on public roads.... 2 days ago. 25 degrees and on drag radials. Seems reasonable.

prizrak;n3546361 said:
Dump the summers bruh, I couldn't be happier with my Michellin Pilot A/S set, I don't find them to have any less traction in the dry than the summers and they are better in the wet. Can't say anything about snow though I don't typically take it out in snow.

I don’t usually take the mustang out in winter weather, especially when there’s snow on the ground or wet salty shit. This was a special occasion because I wanted the intake fixed now and not during the warmer weather. Plus, I want to sell a working automobile.

Its happening...

the seats, the steering feel, the acceleration, the turbo lag! I must have.

theres a factory warranty that’s still left and a CPO warranty on top of that. It’ll last the entirity of my financing term.

Don't become a GTI boy, flareside.

93Flareside;n3546651 said:
Its happening...

the seats, the steering feel, the acceleration, the turbo lag! I must have.

theres a factory warranty that’s still left and a CPO warranty on top of that. It’ll last the entirity of my financing term.

Mitchi;n3546657 said:
Don't become a GTI boy, flareside.

Fan boy? I didn’t become a mustang fan boy.

when I got the mustang and was looking back then, I felt like people around me wanted the car more than I did. It’s still true today. My family for starters, get all uppity when I even mentioned I was looking at replacing it back in October. Now that I’ve needed to put in some pricey and involved repairs, it’s not ending. EGR is currently acting up after the intake was just replaced and there’s a rotating roar/groaning noise somewhere up front. Last year the pinion seal was replaced as well as the oil pan gasket. I encountered the idle air sensor issue a couple times but, it went away and hasn’t come back in 3 years. I’ve only kept it this long because I feel like I have to. I’m so sick of the wind noise, crappy stereo, the creaks, and repairs. Top has been replaced and I’ve needed to do the window seals since I bought it years back but, I’ve put it off.

i tried test driving a focus and dealer flat out refused. I’ve driven autos before and, the interior just isn’t something I could see myself living with. Coupled with the fact that some duntz thought it was a good idea to put the power outlet by the parking brake.

I drove it Friday, didn’t see anything funky, and all body panels match. I’ve given myself time to think it over to make sure I’m not jumping the gun I was out with my sister on Saturday and, I did have to time to go back to the dealer but, I didn’t. I don’t want to have the same feeling I did with the mustang. Last summer, I drove the wagon way more than the mustang. I don’t love it anymore.

Last edited:
93Flareside;n3546661 said:
when I got the mustang and was looking back then, I felt like people around me wanted the car more than I did.
It's funny that I also feel like that sometimes, especially when I get random compliments and especially all the posts on Mustang themed FB groups. I certainly think it's cool car and I enjoy driving it quite a bit but to me it's a fairly regular car not something special like an exotic.

93Flareside;n3546651 said:
It’ll last the entirity of my financing term.

But will the car or the US division of the company last that long? :p

^ 6 months at best. :D

A PPI is scheduled.

I refer you to my last post.

If you want it go for it but I do want to point out that the general VAG experience of our US members has not been good (mine included). Also keep in mind that they don't keep their value well so you might end up upside down.

I wouldn't buy a VAG product with stolen credit.

prizrak;n3546694 said:
If you want it go for it but I do want to point out that the general VAG experience of our US members has not been good (mine included). Also keep in mind that they don't keep their value well so you might end up upside down.

I financed a 2004 Mustang in 2013 with 16% APR...