Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

CraigB;n3548558 said:
I'd take a bus as well. Preferably an older diesel pusher setup as a motorhome.

Make it 4wd, bob the back end, and load it full of dirt bikes with fold-down bunks and a kitchen.

Why would I name the back end of a bus “bob?”

GRtak;n3548610 said:
Hey Jeep fans, meet the Roxor. It is an improved old school Jeep, that is off road only.

http://www.roxoroffroad.com/

Or I could buy an actual street legal Jeep for less money. https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4487921?ad_cid=4

A Roxxor with off road tires,alloy wheels, a bikini top, mirrors, and a stereo is $17,319. The link above is a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with the Sahara package, lift, tires, bead lock wheels, full top, AC, stereo, keyless entry, etc for less money - and it is street legal.

Yeah, this is true, but it would not look like an old school jeep.

I watched a show where the head of the company stated that the first year of production is sold out though. So it will be cool to see some of them around.

GRtak;n3548549 said:
:lol:

Only you and Rick want to buy a bus, but it is okay.

Nah. I have plans, too.

The only thing stopping me thus far has been the fact that I can't get one into my driveway without removing very large trees and making the whole project massively more expensive.

GRtak;n3548622 said:
Yeah, this is true, but it would not look like an old school jeep.

I watched a show where the head of the company stated that the first year of production is sold out though. So it will be cool to see some of them around.

The Roxor doesn't look like an old Jeep, either.

It looks like an Indian knockoff of an old Jeep.

Which is what it is.

I can log into Summit Racing or Jegs and buy all the bits to assemble a flatfender from scratch for the same money or less, and it'll actually look like an old Jeep and still be just as not-street-legal.

Do we have anybody in Phoenix who could go look at an auction car?

It's looks absolutely pristine, has low miles, is marked as run/drive, has damage marked as "Minor scratches/dents", and somehow has a salvage title. It just... Doesn't add up at all.

EyeMWing;n3548669 said:

It's looks absolutely pristine, has low miles, is marked as run/drive, has damage marked as "Minor scratches/dents", and somehow has a salvage title. It just... Doesn't add up at all.

PM'd

EyeMWing;n3548669 said:

Theft recovery?

Labcoatguy;n3548691 said:
Theft recovery?

Yeah. Carfax showed theft recovery, whereas the other vendors didn't.

Regardless, that thing has been bid up out of where I can afford it so meh.

That said, I bought a car today!

I have literally no idea when it's getting here, but when it does, I'll PYC the hell out of it.

I also have another project car sitting around that I haven't PYC'd yet. I should do that.

Current fleet status:

2005 Honda Civic - Rear calipers seized, sitting outside my flat on axle stands waiting for parts to arrive to allow me to reassemble it. - Unusable.

1983 Triumph Acclaim - MOT failure, is at garage having one rear shock fitted, then needs taking to Fife for welding as the MOT tester took my fresh underseal job as a challenge. - Unusable.

1977 Triumph Dolomite 1300 - SORN'd. Runs and drives fine, welding is all complete, but as it is going to become MOT exempt on the 20th I don't want to waste the £45 to have it MOT'd. - Unusable.

1976 Triumph Dolomite 1850HL - SORN'd. In a field in Aberdeenshire, has been for many years now. I gave it to a mate but my name is still on the V5C 'cause I've not arsed to send it off so it is technically still mine and makes this list more amusing. - Unusable

1994 Rover 220SLi - A car that has very graciously been lent to me for free until one of my own cars is functional. Looks terrible, drives fine, has 136bhp! Girlfriend has banned me from keeping it. :( - Usable!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/yZOLicy.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
So my new car has arrived. Going to be a lightning quick project because it has to become my dad's daily driver ASAP.

Condition assessment:
- Driver's window smashed (I didn't notice this in the auction photos. Somehow. Oops.) $40 used. Meh.
- Needs tires.
- Exhaust is touching the bumper cover, which is torn up pretty nasty. Meh.
- Interior is THOROUGHLY thrashed. I knew this going in.
- Came with some... interesting things in the trunk.
- Smells Not Great™.
- Needs a coat of paint. Literally needs. Not optional. Rattlecan party!
- Driver's front corner marker is smashed. Used price is $109. New, OEM price is $9. Put down the crackpipe, used parts dealers!
- 131k miles, 10 years old.
- Interesting electrical work by the previous owner.

Any guesses on what it is?

EyeMWing;n3548922 said:
So my new car has arrived. Going to be a lightning quick project because it has to become my dad's daily driver ASAP.

Condition assessment:
- Driver's window smashed (I didn't notice this in the auction photos. Somehow. Oops.) $40 used. Meh.
- Needs tires.
- Exhaust is touching the bumper cover, which is torn up pretty nasty. Meh.
- Interior is THOROUGHLY thrashed. I knew this going in.
- Came with some... interesting things in the trunk.
- Smells Not Great™.
- Needs a coat of paint. Literally needs. Not optional. Rattlecan party!
- Driver's front corner marker is smashed. Used price is $109. New, OEM price is $9. Put down the crackpipe, used parts dealers!
- 131k miles, 10 years old.
- Interesting electrical work by the previous owner.

Cheap? :p

GRtak;n3548924 said:

Overnight shipping cost more than the car. By... Quite a margin.

Mind you, it wasn't SUPPOSED to be overnight shipping. Guy picked it up yesterday, dispatcher told me Friday.

Ten minutes later, phone rings "HEY IT'S TRANSPORTER GUY CALLING ABOUT THE XXXX. YOU BE THERE 7PM?" "7PM Friday?" "TODAY" "Sure."

Last edited:
EyeMWing;n3548922 said:

Yet another lawn ornament? :p

gaasc;n3548936 said:
Yet another lawn ornament? :p

I activated the Time Stone and three months from now saw, "Ran when parked, needs some TLC. Would make a great starter car."