Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

There are far worse roads in IL alone - some Chicago streets looked like moonscapes last time I was there.

Ok, you’re right. I guess this isn’t so bad and I shouldn’t have posted.

Maybe you need a better car that doesn't have "European" suspension to cope with those roads.

Maybe you need a better car that doesn't have "European" suspension to cope with those roads.

Me and all South American members are feeling challenged right now.

Also, @93Flareside should buy this to cope with bad roads:

volkswagen-cross-up-1.jpg

I suspect he needs something with far longer travel suspension than that if he finds his videoed road uncomfortable.

Perhaps something like this:

I suspect he needs something with far longer travel suspension than that if he finds his videoed road uncomfortable.

Perhaps something like this:
Funny you should mention it, I've had more and more want for a Raptor with the decaying streets around my hood.

It's part of why most of us in Texas drive trucks and SUVs, yes.
Xterra does a good enough job, but if the rumors of the GT500 drivetrain ending up in next gen Raptor are true the want will be quite high. To the point that the wife has already been convinced :) (she doesn't like how pick ups look but did agree that Raptor looks quite cool)

Xterra does a good enough job, but if the rumors of the GT500 drivetrain ending up in next gen Raptor are true the want will be quite high.

Well, it's public knowledge that Fiatsler will be putting the Hellcat 707hp motor in the next Ram TRX so Ford would be stupid if they didn't do something to respond. Since AFAIK they can't get the EcoBoost up to 707+ and still maintain durability at the same level, that implies that they're going to have to use the GT500 drivetrain or something similar, whether they want to or not - or they can just sit and watch as the TRX eats their lunch.

Unfortunately, their current CEO is IMHO Slimy Furniture Salesman Guy, so while they should have had the GT500-engined Raptor as a ready-to-go option all along I would not be surprised if short-sighted management means that they have to start from scratch on this, given how gimped he's tried to make the company of late.

Me and all South American members are feeling challenged right now.

Also, @93Flareside should buy this to cope with bad roads:

volkswagen-cross-up-1.jpg

Supposedly there’s a Golf Alltrack in the works to replace the patriot. I'll believe it when I see it as nothing has been promised other than "I found a dealer selling for the price I want."

Last edited:
Xterra does a good enough job, but if the rumors of the GT500 drivetrain ending up in next gen Raptor are true the want will be quite high. To the point that the wife has already been convinced :) (she doesn't like how pick ups look but did agree that Raptor looks quite cool)
Hell, I'd be happy if they put that new pushrod 7.3L V8 in the Raptor.

screen-shot-2019-02-05-at-10-48-07-am-1549381726.png

Or even the 6.2L... but that would look like Ford made a mistake with the Ecoboost-only decision.

Hell, I'd be happy if they put that new pushrod 7.3L V8 in the Raptor.

screen-shot-2019-02-05-at-10-48-07-am-1549381726.png

Or even the 6.2L... but that would look like Ford made a mistake with the Ecoboost-only decision.
That would be rather nice as well.

Funny you should mention it, I've had more and more want for a Raptor with the decaying streets around my hood.
Finally getting backache driving in those third world conditions, eh? :p

Finally getting backache driving in those third world conditions, eh? :p
I wouldn't replace the Mustang with it, in fact Ford racing suspension is still in the plans for it. Xterra is plenty comfortable but is rather small as far as SUVs go and of course not very fast :)

I wouldn't replace the Mustang with it, in fact Ford racing suspension is still in the plans for it. Xterra is plenty comfortable but is rather small as far as SUVs go and of course not very fast :)
You mean, you won't be joining me in the minivan brigade?