Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

The Mulsanne S doesn't have a turbo, so nothing of value was lost.

The link was for the sold Turbo S. Not the Mulsanne. I hate now eBay now does their completed item pages.

On my way home I saw a cute Japanese girl driving a Tacoma. I was nursing a semi.

The two may have been related.

On my way home I saw a cute Japanese girl driving a Tacoma. I was nursing a semi.

The two may have been related.

Yeah, the Tacoma’s nice. :D

Sitrep: Subaru project has been on hold since mid-February pending parts availability.

Upon disassembling the front of the donor engine, I found that ALL FOUR VVT actuator/sensor/whatever the hell they are dinguses on the front of the camshaft were broken in the crash. I had known about two and ordered replacements no problem.

The other two? Well, nobody's had any of the damn things in stock since then. I suspect I bought the only two in the entire aftermarket. So I finally got tired of waiting and bought them from Subaru. Who had them on the shelf at the local dealer.

Apparently the reason nobody ever has them in stock is that Subaru themselves replace so damn many of them because they are INSANELY fragile.

Appears that the leaky axle might have been the culprit behind ABS/TCS issues in the X. Tested out hard braking in the wet after it was changed out and ABS seems to engage fine w/o any lights coming on.

Appears that the leaky axle might have been the culprit behind ABS/TCS issues in the X. Tested out hard braking in the wet after it was changed out and ABS seems to engage fine w/o any lights coming on.

Covering a magnetic sensor in metal-laced gear oil scunge does tend to cut down on how well it works, yes.

Pretty much what I assumed as well. Surprised that the code that came up wasn't for sensor though.

That's because there's no way for the computer to reference a sensor that passes self-checks but doesn't pass any useful data against anything else. It would have to have two sensors per wheel at a minimum to do that.

Found a paint bubble on the roof of the X, ofc right by the screw holding the roof rack. Damnit Nissan!

Found a paint bubble on the roof of the X, ofc right by the screw holding the roof rack. Damnit Nissan!
I’ve got one on the corner of the drivers A pillar on the wagon. It’s still solid-ish so I’m leaving it. It really needs a new windshield as the current one has a ton of pitting and leaks in such a way that water drips on the power window switch panel...

I’ve got one on the corner of the drivers A pillar on the wagon. It’s still solid-ish so I’m leaving it. It really needs a new windshield as the current one has a ton of pitting and leaks in such a way that water drips on the power window switch panel...
I got a ton of pitting on my windshields as well as some scratching from the wipers, high dust area always have to use windshield washers after overnight :( And yeah I'm leaving it alone for now, IIRC the entire roof skin is detachable in that car.

That's probably where the roof is leaded into the A-pillar.

Pull the roof box off and take a look under there too. I found two rust spots when I did my new rack. As soon as there isn't a ton of pollen in the air, I'm taking the rack off to stand and patch the paint.

The SRT bro disease is spreading. Just saw this guy on the freeway.

SzRz5bz.jpg

Not a Trackhawk, not an SRT, didn’t even have Hemi badges. And even if it was a Trackhawk, those things aren’t shipped with splitter protectors, meaning this guy went out and bought custom made ones.

Nothing quite like a freshly swept and organized shop. I'm loving the new motorcycle lift.

0obUnnd.jpg

WkWCdhy.jpg