Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I only remember the association because they talked about it on the 'radio show' episode of TG, for some reason it sticks with me. I didn't even know what model this car was.

Interestingly (or maybe not), it doesn't show up on the DVLA database. Additionally, I can't believe how terrible the quality of the video is considering it's on an official BBC channel.

Edit: I accidentally found its brother on the Parkers website, clearly a press plate as this one is very similar:

bls.jpg

I wonder if Cadillac knew they were going to verbally tear it apart before lending it to them...

Last edited:
Used our shop at work to change the oil in my Fiesta yesterday. Whoever used the oil drain before me was certainly having a bad day

EadsADj.jpg

To be fair I had no idea either.

Most people don’t. It was the Cimarron of the new millennium and sold very badly. But Saab geeks usually know these things.

It’s also the only Cadillac you can get as a brown, diesel, manual wagon as far as I know.

What’s this guy thinking? If he wants smooth oil he should have waited longer!

I have been trying to not be a bother in shop class but it keeps resulting in me disassembling the wrong portion of the car. And then fixing it anyway somehow because ?!?!? Haunted. Ok whatever the important thing is the lights are off.

Apparently my dad one time tried to fix mom's bug and it took like a week for him to put it back together so maybe it's actually good he did not teach me how to car...

Does anyone remember that Audi 100 I posted a few weeks ago? Well, my dad has a mechanic that was willing to take a look at it and estimate the clutch replacement cost, but then the owner's son came in, asking €300 for the car and wanted the car to be towed away from the garage ASAP. My dad's mechanic couldn't check out the car at that moment, and my dad would've accepted the offer if he had anywhere to take the car, but he didn't. I didn't have a mechanic I knew, and I didn't have place to store it either.

Today, I decided to check the local classifieds to see if the owner's son perhaps put it up for sale, and I found that exact car in the ads, however, it seems to me, because of the location of the car, that the owner's son sold the car to some shady reseller. The clutch is fixed (the ad explicitly mentions the clutch recently being replaced), and the seller (which, again, seems like a reseller rather than the previous owner's son) wants €1,360 for the car. That's about €1,000 more than what we would've paid for the car if we were to have it towed away. Now, I don't know how much the clutch replacement would be worth, but I'm assuming that it wouldn't be €1,000.

Alas, it's better not to think about it now. But it does make me think about what I'd take to the Roadtrip, if that thing won't be cancelled. The Yugo is not roadtrip-worthy, and it won't be until the roadtrip. My mum and brother will probably need the Saxo, so I doubt I could take it. Now, we do have a third car, a Citroën BX, that needs a specific hydraulic system related part (the octopus return pipe/spider pipe), but that'd require me to go with my dad to the mechanic's, where the car currently resides, and find the exact part number so we don't order the wrong part. Now, why is that hard? My dad works 10 hours a day, sometimes more, he works during the weekends and public holidays, so getting to the mechanic's during their working hours with him would be a bit of a mission impossible. More so because he always gets a day off from Mon to Fri, and those are the days I usually spend in another city, since I have uni classes to go to.

Besides all that, the car hasn't been driven for 2+ years, other things would need to be inspected, the tyres probably replaced, and even then, if the car can be deemed roadtrip-worthy, I'm still not sure if I want to go through Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro with an old French car, as in those countries, such old French cars are really rare, so if anything broke down or if I need e.g. hydraulics fluid (LHM), I might be shit out of luck. Anyway, that's perhaps a story for the Roadtrip Telegram group. I just can't stop ruminating about how nice it would've been if somehow we could've bought and fixed that Audi 100, and if I could've taken it to the roadtrip.

NA 4-rotors are my drug.

You can register at the Citroën Service Box and look at parts diagrams yourself if you know the VIN and specific engine variant. I've done that a lot with my Peugeots just to be able to get the right part from eBay.

Does anyone remember that Audi 100 I posted a few weeks ago? Well, my dad has a mechanic that was willing to take a look at it and estimate the clutch replacement cost, but then the owner's son came in, asking €300 for the car and wanted the car to be towed away from the garage ASAP. My dad's mechanic couldn't check out the car at that moment, and my dad would've accepted the offer if he had anywhere to take the car, but he didn't. I didn't have a mechanic I knew, and I didn't have place to store it either.

seems like a reseller rather than the previous owner's son) wants €1,360 for the car.

Shame. :/

You can register at the Citroën Service Box and look at parts diagrams yourself if you know the VIN and specific engine variant. I've done that a lot with my Peugeots just to be able to get the right part from eBay.

Is that site free? Because when I registered, I could access all the diagrams and whatnot, but now, when I try to click on the part diagrams, it says:
"Access to the technical documentation is chargeable, click here to be redirected to the subscription page."

A non throuple third party in our house is having their rear taillights on their 2017 Infinity stuck on. I just noticed it and the rear light switch is off the car starts but the taillights are stuck on. Any suggestions bout to pull fuses