Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

My back hurts at the thought of walking around in that with the Hobbit-height roof at shoulder-height. I think I saw one of these where they grafted the entire top half of a VW bus onto the roof to raise it in the middle, leaving the back to be a low-roof sleeping compartment and the front to be a sitting area. The mid-section galley/living area was something I could actually stand in and have lots of light from the VW's windows.

I think I saw one of these where they grafted the entire top half of a VW bus onto the roof to raise it in the middle, leaving the back to be a low-roof sleeping compartment and the front to be a sitting area. The mid-section galley/living area was something I could actually stand in and have lots of light from the VW's windows.

This one?

Similar, I don't think the one I saw had ass cancer.

Yeah having all that on one side seems like a bad idea, surely these things are designed to handle kids all sitting on one side though? The wood burner and your comment about speed reminds me of something.

Had a coworker on Friday ask “if you wanted a hobby car, what would it be?” and I said “first generation Fiat Panda or Smart Roadster.” ?

1994_jaguar_xj-series-pic-4922071557711626047-1024x768.jpeg

But I do not wish for another hobby car

If I needed to add a third car again I would be looking at American Muscle.

1593433036727.png

Dude you can't drive an American car in the UK.

Unless your name begins with R and ends with ichard Hammond, or you're the kind of person who goes to parties which end with car keys in a bowl for a wife tombola.

Dude you can't drive an American car in the UK.

Unless your name begins with R and ends with ichard Hammond, or you're the kind of person who goes to parties which end with car keys in a bowl for a wife tombola.

Johnny Smith would probably disagree.

An ad popped up in my Facebook news feed for a local mobile tyre fitting service called Get A Grip.

Would have been remiss of me not to be the first person to comment with this link

Yes, it's a song about fapping.

An ad popped up in my Facebook news feed for a local mobile tyre fitting service called Get A Grip.

Would have been remiss of me not to be the first person to comment with this link

Yes, it's a song about fapping.

I would have thought about the Aerosmith song of the same name:

but I literally couldn't tell you what it's about. :lol:

Get a Grip
Aerosmith

Got to get a grip
Skin and bones, it ain't such a pity
If you think I'm vain, better shut ya lip
I can't explain how to be a fat city
You gotta live large, gotta let it rip
Don't ya gimme no flack, honey shut ya lip
Ya gotta have stones if you're livin' in the city
If ya wanna hang loose, gotta get a grip - rip
Once upon a crime I thought I was cool
But I don't want to brag
Once I crossed the line I think I musta
Zigged when I shoulda zagged
Got to get a grip
If you think I'm vain, better shut ya lip
I can't explain how to be a fat city
You gotta live large, gotta let it rip
Don't ya gimme no flack, honey shut ya lip
Ya gotta have stones if you're…

Had a coworker on Friday ask “if you wanted a hobby car, what would it be?” and I said “first generation Fiat Panda or Smart Roadster.” ?
I bet his answer was "A what or a what? How Unamerican of you!" :ROFLMAO:

Johnny Smith would probably disagree.

Indeed, I've been stereotyped as an SUV gas guzzler driver, a hairdressers car driver and now a Tesla driver so I just don't care how other people see me. :LOL:

It's probably from seeing them so often, but I don't get excited when I see classic American cars. They're just... there.

It's probably from seeing them so often, but I don't get excited when I see classic American cars. They're just... there.

Would you get more excited seeing British and European Sports cars? It could be a straight swap, American cars are something different and unusual here, they're also a bit too big for the roads which adds to that. I know some classic British sports cars like the MGB were sold in the US though so maybe those are still common-ish where we definitely didn't get stuff like the Roadrunner.

To be fair I still get excited by nice Triumphs, particularly the TR6 and GT6. Maybe I'd want one of those too. I'd also like to own a Bluesmobile or a Mad Max replica, a Cannonball Run Dodge Ram van ambulance would be cool...

Would you get more excited seeing British and European Sports cars? It could be a straight swap, American cars are something different and unusual here, they're also a bit too big for the roads which adds to that. I know some classic British sports cars like the MGB were sold in the US though so maybe those are still common-ish where we definitely didn't get stuff like the Roadrunner.

To be fair I still get excited by nice Triumphs, particularly the TR6 and GT6. Maybe I'd want one of those too...

Probably, cars that are small but seemingly are built with purpose instead just flexing on how big of a car someone could buy is cooler to me.

I partially take back. If I saw a nice old wagon like an old Town & Country or Country Squire/Sedan like what @Dr_Grip has, I would think it's cool. Something like a Bel-Air, Mustang, Corvette, Chevelle, Barracuda, GTO, Cutlass, those sort of things are blan to me.

Seeing a nice Manta at the ring last year was so cool.