Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

It would perhaps be a good idea to post all of the things you have for sale. it's hard to keep track. At least @CraigB just buys the one car over and over again. :p

At this point the only "Needs to go immediately" item that isn't spoken for is a ~2008ish Crown Vic with a bum engine, no interior, and ruined paint.

There'll be more to come as I pull up stakes and head for California.

That guy would learn to drive stick, like it, and pay for the car. What are the odds of them lasting the length of the loan?

450 torques is more than enough for any offroading.

I'm more concerned that someone at FCA thinks that Dana 44s are enough axle for 37" tires with that power level. Yeah, I know the rear is an upgraded version with a slightly larger ring gear but north of 400ft lb I'd like to see a 60, especially with that tire size.

FWIW the only major difference between a current D44HD rear and a D60 is 3/4" of ring gear. The Rubicon 44s went to 60-size pinions and tubes a while ago and the JL's axle has massive pinion bearings. You can even fit 1410 U-joints in the front Cs. Those axles have come a long way over the years.

Last edited:
.... Oh, and I guess I should mention this here. I am divesting from virtually all of my project cars by virtue of receiving a code enforcement notice telling me to do it or go to jail.

Apparently on 7/1, a new ordinance went into effect banning the outdoor storage of unregistered and/or inoperative vehicles.

Almost all of it is going to scrap because the timeframe I have to work with is very, very short.

Can you buy a tent?

So that counts for people that have collections of cars in the woods too? I can see a lot of restorable classics being scrapped, which is presumably the point of the law.

So that counts for people that have collections of cars in the woods too? I can see a lot of restorable classics being scrapped, which is presumably the point of the law.

My guess is, somebody in his neighborhood got a hold of someone in local government and pitched a bitch.

That guy would learn to drive stick, like it, and pay for the car. What are the odds of them lasting the length of the loan?
At this rate the likelihood of surviving the next week is in question.

Dumb, bad ideas all around.

Just sell him the damn Toyobaru :p

When I bought my Mustang, I didn’t know stick well enough to drive home or do the test drive. I had moved cars around with manual but never drove it on a daily basis. After a day or so, it was easy, being smooth with the clutch took longer but I never killed it in traffic.

In the event that I do an ill-advised bailout, yeah. If not, then in a couple months I'll be replacing it with something else anyway.

Just keep me in mind. Question is, will it be cheap, real cheap? :ROFLMAO:

Just sell him the damn Toyobaru :p

I think this is attempt #3 for me to buy it from him... ?

Just keep me in mind. Question is, will it be cheap, real cheap? :ROFLMAO:
A couple grand, delivered to the Amtrak station in either Kansas City or Oklahoma City?

... What kind of hellworld have we come to where Amtrak is the most sensible way to travel without a car?

A couple grand, delivered to the Amtrak station in either Kansas City or Oklahoma City?

... What kind of hellworld have we come to where Amtrak is the most sensible way to travel without a car?

Possibly, send me a list of it's current state, when you get a chance, no rush. ?

You can cut the tension in this with a spork.

That's a good spork!

By the way, I like sporks. It is one of the reasons I go to KFC on occasion.