Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

It's that thing in GTA where you get a car and then it begins spawning copies of it.
The one it took you an hour to find? I remember that most from GTA3.

Even if that happened, it would be the one pressing the button who is responsible/liable? It’s not like the car did it by itself?
Some people think you need to write "caution hot" on coffee mug lids because freshly brewed coffee being hot is a new and unfamiliar concept.

The one it took you an hour to find? I remember that most from GTA3.
Yup. Great if you need to spawn rare cars though...LIKE THAT FUCKING ICE CREAM VAN!

Yup. Great if you need to spawn rare cars though...LIKE THAT FUCKING ICE CREAM VAN!
the best thing was the music for the ice cream van changed tempo speeds with how fast your drove, and they still do this with GTA V with the musical horns they offer for vehicle mods. :D

The best thing was when you needed the ice cream van for 100% completion and they only spawn in a very small area and only if you have a specific car (I believe it was the ambulance or other service vehicle) and drove about until hearing that dumb jingle :p

There are a few brands here that offer remote roll up via keyfob IIRC but they put pinch protection on all windows. Not sure if VW does this, they prob do and are just super conservative here given our litigious nature.

They don’t. I’ve tried this in 2015, 2017 Jetta’s, 18, 19 golfs, 19 Jetta GLI, 13 Audi A4. VAG straight doesn’t have this feature working by remote. You can insert your key into the door key slot turn then hold lock or unlock positions for the windows to go up or down.

My 2014 Octavia (née Golf 6) had opening and closing by remote. And folding mirrors.

Youtube has been feeding me old Trafikmagasinet videos for a long time now. Trafikmagasinet is the Swedish version of Motorweek, or maybe it's the other way around. I think Trafikmagasinet was first. Anyway, here's their test drive of the first Mercedes product out of the Alabama factory. They're complaining about the interior fit and finish, but the most hilarious bit is the Dueling Banjos soundtrack throughout the entire clip. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I keep looking at sub $35,000 AMG E and C class coupe/sedans... Probably a bad idea.

Also, over the course of 3 years, I will have paid $10,824.84. Plus the $3,000 or so extra shit from the start. VW say the GTI I've leased has a residual of $16,000 (well, 15,999.30). So I made out I think, we shall see what the inspection causes. This of course doesn't include fuel and insurance, but any car whether you buy it or not has these things to worry about.

Last edited:
That's the most interesting thing I've seen from Jalopnik in years.

2EC44FFA-9630-4255-BCDE-E109CCA8B265.jpeg

This is SO annoying! It’s 4 degrees C in Euroland and I know it’s because ‘there may be ice don’t be an ass right now’ but all my other cars did this with a tiny snowflake icon next to the temperature display.

Why is this such a big deal? Even the bong noise that goed with it is the ‘warning’ one which only sounds when there is an actual issue

Looking at Galantti's video the ID3 doesn't go as wild when it's minus friggin 20C!

So the "Dacia Spring Electric" is coming, apparently. a "city crossover" BEV with a range of 232km.

c3rpyGmMrfIo.jpg

I thought it looked familiar. Here's the Renault Kwid, which has been on sale in places like India for some years now. It's famous for its starting price which is less than a riding lawn mower.

1610897591054.png

It looks like a Nissan.

Yeah you still don’t want one. Range is 150 kms max realistically, max speed is 120 kph and 0-100 koh in 15(!!!!) seconds. Do not want!