Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Okay, that's not feasible.

... Or, rather it is but it isn't actually what I want so I managed to talk myself out of it.

I am now recruiting partners to make an EVEN BIGGER mistake.
1615091998537.png

... Not right now, but RANDOM THOUGHT:

What utes are worth having under the US 25-year import rule?

... Not right now, but RANDOM THOUGHT:

What utes are worth having under the US 25-year import rule?

I want a Datsun/Nissan Sunny pickup. Yes, I know it's slow. Yes, I know it's small. I don't care.

Alternatively, if the Sunny is too big or too fast, get a Suzuki Mighty Boy.

Also, I would accept anything with a Cleveland V8 and RHD.

I want a Mini pickup if I had to have a truck

Last edited:
Frankly I'll be disappointed with anything that isn't yellow, red and blue with 'Interceptor' on the back.

An old Holden 'Sandman' Ute would be pretty cool though.

I want a Mini pickup if I had to they a truck

Send me money and I'll buy one for you. I'll even drive it until you can get it. :razz:

You people need help......

Don't look at me, I don't work with a population that needs involuntary hospitalization these days.

7464b248-bc46-4e33-bcdd-652c624255d1.jpg

d0667b53-60e0-46e2-bed5-34922c4795ea.jpg

A 1980 Dolly 1300, 60k on the clock, original paint (polished through in places), been laid up for the last 1.5 years. Also not mine. Sad.

A fella on the TDC forum was asking for advice as his car wouldn't start, he's in Glasgow and I have form for fucking about with Triumph OHVs that are reluctant to start so I offered assistance.

Whipped out a plug and confirmed we had spark, then attached my hand pumped fuel primer thing and dragged some petrol up to the pump. With enough cranking the pump eventually managed to get some fuel up to the carb, the dashpot was empty so I topped it up with 20w50 to stop the piston getting stuck, and she fired up no bother.

The fuel had drained back to the tank/evaporated out of the float bowl and the mechanical pump takes an age to drag fuel up from the tank if it's pumping air. In my experience the battery will usually die before fuel arrives at the carb. Once started she ran a bit lumpy for a bit and wouldn't idle off choke at all. So I booted the throttle a couple of times and once a load of crap had been ejected from the exhaust a nice smooth idle came into being.

The fella who owns it can't actually drive, being partially sighted and having had a stroke, so his wife drives him around in it. Doing 100-200 miles a year around Glasgow I imagine it was pretty clogged up!

image (29).jpeg

I put all the bimmer M3s into one pic. Wtf happened. Who the fuck looked at that and said "my god, that's beautiful"

Beautiful
Handsome
Elegant
...eh?
Not bad
OH DEAR GOD, WHAT THE FUCK!? KILL IT! Kill the Mutant with FIRE!

Swap the E90 and F80 and each generation would be getting gradually worse.

Also, I think a regular E90 looks better than a regular F30, so if it were regular cars, it'd be more-or-less the downhill story of BMW's design.

Top row please! Oddly the car park with the RHD E36 looks like a local one...

With these responses and if life says "lol no" to moving out of the country, I should buy one. <3