Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Did the original Lancia Delta have independent rear suspension?

Did the original Lancia Delta have independent rear suspension?
Yes. It's a mcpherson/multilink, and IIRC it also has adjustable camber.
d3b16805cfa3c6797d77b17bdb0e3603.jpg

Cool thanks. So my initial suspicion was correct: Saab never got independent rear suspension until either the Saab-Lancia 600 or the first-generation 9-5, depending if you count the 600.

Cool thanks. So my initial suspicion was correct: Saab never got independent rear suspension until either the Saab-Lancia 600 or the first-generation 9-5, depending if you count the 600.

Afaik they had every chance to go IRS with the 9000, but chose not to for whatever reason.

By the way, isn’t it funny how people see the 9000 as the “last true Saab” when the car is half Italian?

You're right. I had to look that up, because I thought the 9000, being codeveloped with fiat/alfa/lancia, shared the same rear suspension with the Alfa 164/Fiat Croma/Lancia Thema. Instead Saab decided to use a panhard rear axle, so no independent rear suspension for them until the 9-5.

Afaik they had every chance to go IRS with the 9000, but chose not to for whatever reason.

By the way, isn’t it funny how people see the 9000 as the “last true Saab” when the car is half Italian?
Seriously, it's hilarious that the first transverse Saab that had the key on the steering column gets hailed as "last true". I guess they really mean "last non-GM".

By the way, I learned recently that they started making Talbots in Finland because the boss of the Finnish Saab-Valmet plant had visited Lancia in Italy and decided he didn't want anything to do with that shit.

Speaking of Lightning,

This was predictable.

Speaking of Lightning,

This was predictable.

I'm not liking this. The Lightning was always reserved for the fast regular cab short bed F-150. This will be a luxury truck that happens to be electric (and possibly pretty quick).

I'm not liking this. The Lightning was always reserved for the fast regular cab short bed F-150. This will be a luxury truck that happens to be electric (and possibly pretty quick).
Better than pretending a crossover is a mustang.

Wow people actually care about these things? It’s not like they’re making false claims, like Porsche with their ‘turbo’ Taycan (which has no turbo because it’s powered by magic and witchcraft)

Wow people actually care about these things? It’s not like they’re making false claims, like Porsche with their ‘turbo’ Taycan (which has no turbo because it’s powered by magic and witchcraft)

Don't think I don't know about that one.

Yes, “Taycan Turbo” is silly too. As is 911 Turbo when the entire line is turbocharged anyway.

But a Raptor has like 450 HP, not 190 or whatever the Ranger has. I know it’s pretty badass in other ways but it’s not worthy of the Raptor name.

That’s true but they’ve been doing that for years.
You can get an”AMG” Mercedes with a 1.6 diesel engine…. Which everyone orders with the ‘delete engine size on boot’. It’s the opposite of a sleeper car, all show and no go

It’s all looks/marketing.