Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I have placed a bid on an ex-police Charger. I am an idiot, I hope I am outbid... :ROFLMAO:
Remember a couple of years ago I almost became the owner of a VW square back?

Yes, that would be preferable to a 5.7 Hemi with a top end noise. ?

Reading up on this a bit (like I should have done before placing a bid), most likely a lifter (or lifters) has failed, wiping out the cam at the same time. Solution is to replace cam and lifters, but depending on how long it was ran like this, may want to put rings and bearings in it too. I.E. engine rebuild. Good news is, the heads have to come off so if I wanted to do a bigger cam, I could do valve springs at the same time without much more effort.

Worst case I have a big Dodge lawn ornament to go along with my many Datsun 620s and a very large Ford truck... :ROFLMAO:

Can I hoon the self-propelled lawn ornaments if in the vicinity?

Yes, that would be preferable to a 5.7 Hemi with a top end noise. ?

In the words of a great Honduran directed at me….
1FE58133-24BC-4B5D-8CC7-85DA5307C75F.jpeg

I have placed a bid on an ex-police Charger. I am an idiot, I hope I am outbid... :ROFLMAO:

May we ask what you plan to do with it if you do get it?

Bought a starter for the Mercury as hot engine starts aren’t well received, it sounds like it’s about to not have enough current to turn over. This has been an issue since I bought the car in 2015, I’m just getting more and more concerned I’ll be stranded somewhere.

So maybe tonight I’ll tackle it…

59E28ED6-EFB4-4C7F-8E6D-CC4A6275B083.png

As long as you don't paint it orange and put a confederate flag on it. ;)

Negative. I bid on it with idea of building a Smyth ute out of it, but then realized they don't fit the updated car. So either leave it alone (best plan) or cut it up myself to make my own ute (worst plan). Again, if I don't get out bid.

How would Tesla’s autopilot handle this?

598DAA8A-04B3-4068-8EDF-F66F481A690F.jpeg

Probably decide that people are too stupid to live, network with other Teslas, and become the beginnings of Skynet.