Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I think YouTube has cured my wanting anything made in Europe ifrom the 60s through the 80s.

The M539 Restorations channel keeps me from buying 90s-00s BMWs ?

I think YouTube has cured my wanting anything made in Europe ifrom the 60s through the 80s.
Lincoln and I think Kia or Genesis do it now as well. :D

Lincoln and I think Kia or Genesis do it now as well. :D

Facts.

Though there are some European things I want from the 60s to the 80s that I really really want:

1627064206622.png

1627063750517.png

1627063796637.png

1627063823719.png

1627063876529.png

Last edited:
Watch Harry's Barrage to see how his Jag project is going.

His Barrage of what?

Bills, mostly. that Jag is consuming a lot of money. As is his Lancia restoration.

I can't wait to see if he finally surrenders and puts the 7-liter V12 in the Jag.

What app is this? OBDlink app?

Had a gentleman just come buy some 112 octane race fuel for his racing go cart in a 1st generation Prius. Said it's on the original battery back at 250k miles/400k KM, but, "It doesn't get the fuel economy it once did, only about 35 mpg now".

Had a gentleman just come buy some 112 octane race fuel for his racing go cart in a 1st generation Prius. Said it's on the original battery back at 250k miles/400k KM, but, "It doesn't get the fuel economy it once did, only about 35 mpg now".
tenor.gif

Pulled up to fuel up the ol' Acclaim last night and came across the dreaded "E10" sticker on the pump for the first time.

Mildly concerned it'll eat my carb diaphragms and I'll have to be a hooligan and fit quad bike carbs...

What do you mean concerned? ITB THAT SUCKER! :D

Pulled up to fuel up the ol' Acclaim last night and came across the dreaded "E10" sticker on the pump for the first time.

Mildly concerned it'll eat my carb diaphragms and I'll have to be a hooligan and fit quad bike carbs...

We've had E10 for over a decade. I think classic car owners tend to pay the premium for E5. Also marine stations never have anything but E5 and diesel, probably due to the large number of carbed old outboards etc still in use.

I just found out that Richard Hammond is selling off part of his car collection to help finance a new car restoration show. Part of his collection is featured in Harry's video.