Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

We've had E10 for over a decade. I think classic car owners tend to pay the premium for E5. Also marine stations never have anything but E5 and diesel, probably due to the large number of carbed old outboards etc still in use.
In the US, E10 is essentially all you get unless you specifically hunt down otherwise based on mostly rumors and hearsay.

Either all surviving old shit has already had its seals replaced, needs to anyway, or the problem is overstated.

The automotive timeline of aging goes something like this:

Astra H - Affordable first car or family car. Sound purchase most of the time.
Astra G - Sure, if it’s in reasonable condition still.
Astra F - Why even bother? Scrap the thing already.
Kadett E - I love it that someone is keeping this on the road.

Kadett D - Remember when Opel was as good as VW?
My grandad had an Astra Celebrity at some point. I don't have a picture of it right now but one does exist.

:rofl: "Fantasy"? Here it was called the Nexia.
You have to admit that the 'styling' of the Daewoo in particular is generic enough that it could be a hastily drawn 'car' in a fantasy anime of some kind.

1628007645988.png

You have to admit that the 'styling' of the Daewoo in particular is generic enough that it could be a hastily drawn 'car' in a fantasy anime of some kind.

View attachment 3562060

It honestly looked better with the square front end. But again, I love that it's so bad.

I should buy one of them and see how bad they truly are.

It honestly looked better with the square front end. But again, I love that it's so bad.

I should buy one of them and see how bad they truly are.

I know where a Yugo with some mild surface rust is for sale. To far? lol

I know where a Yugo with some mild surface rust is for sale. To far? lol

I can't find a Lemans at all. Plenty of the real ones, but not a single Daewoo Lemans.

Yugo might be interesting. Like I need another project... :LOL:

Edit: I did think of you Sunday while driving through Oklahoma, @GRtak . Spotted a Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 (yes the homologation car) sitting in a field. Didn't look too bad, but it's sad it's there.

The Nexia was built in Uzbekistan until at least 2010.

D7523591-75FC-480C-B89F-04E66552F832.jpeg

I can't find a Lemans at all. Plenty of the real ones, but not a single Daewoo Lemans.

Yugo might be interesting. Like I need another project... :LOL:

Edit: I did think of you Sunday while driving through Oklahoma, @GRtak . Spotted a Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 (yes the homologation car) sitting in a field. Didn't look too bad, but it's sad it's there.

That is very sad, indeed.

.... STRICTLY OUT OF INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY, does it have a price?

Call placed, awaiting response.

You are a glutton for punishment! lol

STRICTLY OUT OF INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY, does it have a price?

Just heard back. Sadly, it was sold. No idea of the price.

EDIT
@EyeMWing Would you be interested in a diesel Chevette?

Last edited:
Re: Stellantis.

A case study in horrible branding. Literally no mention of the company can pass without a 'Formerly Fiat-Chrysler' because ain't nobody knows who the hell Stellantis is.