Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Y you so sure? Could be Ypsilon....
1920px-Lancia_Ypsilon_0.9_TwinAir_Turbo_8v_Platinum_%28II%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_31._Dezember_2012%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

If he’s sold the allweather tyres for the 3 it probably won’t be a model y since they share tyre/wheel sizes, no?

Other silly example of a car with a Y in the name : Hyundai PonY.

Skoda Yeti would be cool though. It’s faster around a racetrack than a Ferrari from what I hear

If he’s sold the allweather tyres for the 3 it probably won’t be a model y since they share tyre/wheel sizes, no?
Yeah I'm getting out of the EV game for a bit, until I have reliable and easy home charging.

I quite like the Yeti and it probably wouldn't be all that bad off road but I can't afford the helicopter accessory for the roof.

It isn't a Dacia Lodgy either.

You don’t like the Saturn Sky?

He could just hate the wheels.

He could just hate the wheels.
Fuck no those cost me a fortune and I had them imported from Germany. Theoretically you could be right, though. :p

I forgot to give him the centre caps so had to cram them in a little box and post it. ?‍♂️

First time in many years I've been close to a moose accident.

I was on a small and unlit gravel back road and came up to a bunch of blinking yellow lights. I was expecting a farmer moving something big and heavy but it was a lorry driver unloading a big tracked excavator and a bunch of accessories, blocking the entire road.

Anyway, as I was rolling slowly towards the blinking lights a moose runs across the road right in front of me. Fucks sake.

So the thing to ponder is if the truck hadn't been unloading and causing you to slow down/stop, would you have been ahead of the moose? Would the moose have arrived at the road sooner without the flashing lights to distract or scare it? Would it have gone in another direction entirely? Why did the moose cross the road anyway? Would it have stopped for a moving car (unlikely)? Why hasn't someone developed moose that glows in the dark or burrows underground?

So the thing to ponder is if the truck hadn't been unloading and causing you to slow down/stop, would you have been ahead of the moose? Would the moose have arrived at the road sooner without the flashing lights to distract or scare it? Would it have gone in another direction entirely? Why did the moose cross the road anyway? Would it have stopped for a moving car (unlikely)? Why hasn't someone developed moose that glows in the dark or burrows underground?

I would probably have been ahead of the moose, or crashed into it. Nobody knows. A butterfly flapping its wings in China, etc. But it's bloody scary when they come up in your headlights 20 meters or so ahead of you, galloping across the fields and probably not even aware they're crossing a road. It certainly didn't act like it gave any fucks about the blinking machinery up ahead.

I do suddenly feel the need to put a LED bar on the Alltrack.

Mike Brewer explaining to the audience that the Ranger Raptor costs £50k (€59k) and is classed as a passenger car.
In Finland it's €100k because F you, that's why.

I’d want to flee Ohio as well.

In my high school graduating class yearbook, the senior award for "Best Car" went to the owner of an Eagle Talon. Looking at the wheels on the car, it appears to be the most base model available.

What are the current "hot shit" windshield wipers? Any new revolutionary products worth buying online over what's normally available at O'Riley or Auto Zone?

edit: I say "normally" because they were working fine last week, and this morning a big piece came off, right when we're gettingas much rain in the last 24 hours as we got the entire last rain year, so...there's not much left at the stores. So since I have to order online anyway...

Last edited:
Bosch are good as well. But I think they’re similar or made in the same factory…

*shrug* really any frameless type are good and any of the cheap ones last a few rainstorms and that’s it. I’ve had the Bosch ones and they’ll last a year.

I generally don’t care but if I had to choose, those are it. I have weird brand for the Audi because of the awesome attachment set up the wiper arms have that require a special order style… my local advance, O’Reilly or Autozone didn’t have ones in stock…

I did learn in the Jeep patriots that seemed to be a magnet for rock chips on the highway, replacement windshield and frameless wiper blades aren’t a match as the glass isn’t smooth. Wipers with frames helped navigate the uneven surface of aftermarket windshields…