Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

A different subject to pleather, here's something else to ponder:

21321.jpg

Even if it's used for the max 75L it can treat, it still costs about 20% more per litre than the E5 super unleaded we get here. Maybe better than supermarket super unleaded but how about compared to BP Ultimate or Shell V-Power?

E10 is a new thing in the UK and Sweden right now and much of the discussion is stuff I recognize from about a decade ago when we got it here. Does my car run on it? Is it safe to use in my [insert car here]? Newspapers went to filling stations and interviewed people about it, etc.

These days nobody cares, everyone runs it and everything generally just works.

You mean vig-nail? I forgot that they were still selling the Mondeo at all this year.

Anyway a thing happened an hour ago, the Tesla is gone. Bye Nebula, I'll miss your power and tech but not the pain in the arse charging or expensive monthly payments.

I've been out in the new one, began to learn how to use a clutch again in a car rather than the tractor like clutch of a Land Rover and taken some photos. Will probably start the thread tonight. There will be much moaning and gnashing of teeth.

These days nobody cares, everyone runs it and everything generally just works.
That's fair yeah, it's the loss of power that bothers me but as I've been looking at old cars the damage ethanol can cause is also a big talking point. Not an issue with what I have now.

A friend of mine works at the Ford dealer. He advised against buying a Vignale because Ford makes their employees grab an umbrella and walk their customers from and to their cars if it's raining. I promised him I'd rather crawl than make someone carry an umbrella for me.

A friend of mine works at the Ford dealer. He advised against buying a Vignale because Ford makes their employees grab an umbrella and walk their customers from and to their cars if it's raining. I promised him I'd rather crawl than make someone carry an umbrella for me.
Seems a bit tacky, I wonder what Rolls-Royce do. Probably have sheltered parking or you bring your own umbrella-holding minion, for whom they will provide a dog bowl of water. There's probably a marble post to chain the minion too.

What? :neutral:

Seems a bit tacky, I wonder what Rolls-Royce do. Probably have sheltered parking or you bring your own umbrella-holding minion, for whom they will provide a dog bowl of water. There's probably a marble post to chain the minion too.

Of course the answer is, they pick up the car and drop it off as needed, no need to ever visit the dealer.

I wonder if I can be insistent on them carrying the umbrella, but using it on themselves. of if I can buffer overflow them by bringing my own umbrella.

Of course the answer is, they pick up the car and drop it off as needed, no need to ever visit the dealer.
Far too obvious for me to think of that.

I wonder if I can be insistent on them carrying the umbrella, but using it on themselves. of if I can buffer overflow them by bringing my own umbrella.
Umbrella arms race can only end with some getting poked in the eye.

I had a salesdrone walk me into the Pontiac Oldsmobile dealership once. But he was already out in the lot and it was a downpour.

IIRC Vignale customers also get their own lounge with coffee etc. I had been eyeing second hand Mondeo Vignales for quite some time before I ended up with the Alltrack.

Bring a large doorman's umbrella to assert dominance.
c069e5c398549329e57f4f2cb4c600cb.png

yeah-this-is-big-brain-time-meme-e565585186740e5af621cdbb3207c535.jpg

In case you're wondering, driving with the hatch cracked (but secured!) on an Audi wagon will suck exhaust gases into the cabin.

allegedly.

a friend told me...

(shit, that doesn't work, you guys know I don't have friends locally.)

In case you're wondering, driving with the hatch cracked (but secured!) on an Audi wagon will suck exhaust gases into the cabin.

allegedly.

a friend told me...

(shit, that doesn't work, you guys know I don't have friends locally.)

This has been the case with any rear hatch vehicle I have ever had. Oddly, trucks with rear sliding glass don't suffer from this, but that might be due to the fact that there's 5-6 feet of bed between.

Is the solution to just open the rear windows? If not I wonder how they've used Range Rovers as lead filming cars for all these years without gassing the camera operator. :unsure:

Is the solution to just open the rear windows? If not I wonder how they've used Range Rovers as lead filming cars for all these years without gassing the camera operator. :unsure:

Perhaps, but I don't currently have a running hatch vehicle to test with.

I rarely see it, Granny is on the go almost all the time.
Good to hear it's still living a mostly trouble-free life. :)

The one you got did get a new transmission a few months before you bought it (so assume 5-10,000 miles) and while Chrysler say there's no transmission fluid flush under normal conditions, they blow up around 120,000mi and if you flush around the 70,000mi mark you're ok. The book talks about "typical use" and "Severve/taxi use." I followed the taxi use except that I forgot to tell the shop to flush the trans at 120,000mi and that's when, I think the torque converter went. I don't really know exactly as the shop replaced both under the extended warranty. All I know is the drive to work had more and more slipping of the trans to the point I hit the rev limiter on accident twice on the way to work, before all the revving in the world didn't allow me to move forward.

IIRC Vignale customers also get their own lounge with coffee etc. I had been eyeing second hand Mondeo Vignales for quite some time before I ended up with the Alltrack.

True. It’s so they can be all like ‘I don’t drive a Ford like normal folks, therefore I al better than all of yous’

With regards to the RollsRoyce question, given how much they charge for their cars, I expect them to be able to chemically alter the weather do so you don’t have to bother with things like umbrellas