Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

This is probably not worth making it’s own thread…

I’m interested in getting a turbo Volvo 850 with a manual… I live in south western Germany and therefore see a ton of sketchy French import cars. Perhaps somewhere else one could be sourced? I’m not 100% on this mostly pit of curiosity. Interesting Volvos in the US are typically trashed and modified to hell and back. So to me that’s not worth even trying. Is it the same within Europe as well?

I’m interested in getting a turbo Volvo 850 with a manual…
You dirty FWD Volvo licker liker. Like me you can't resist the call of 'lots of things to go wrong'. :p

You dirty FWD Volvo licker liker. Like me you can't resist the call of 'lots of things to go wrong'. :p

Fuck getting reliable Toyotas and shit, have something interesting that I like, not because it's as reliable as a microwave.

Fuck getting reliable Toyotas and shit, have something interesting that I like, not because it's as reliable as a microwave.
Words I buy cars by, mainly. The fact that I bought a Japanese car is coincidental and I'm unlikely to buy another one again.

I want to import a v6 Opel omega wagon to the US.

Nah, not a badge. A front end, on the other hand... Though isn't that generation of Opel V6 an unimpressive lump that requires very frequent timing belt changes? I may be tainted by Saab snobbery.

I would like to own an Opel Omega as well, they’re not even that unobtainable price-wise, but they are so few and far in between here, especially good examples. Good luck finding a petrol-engine one that hasn’t been LPG converted, too.

Similar applies to Ford Scorpio, and even more so to Ford Sierra.

I would like to own an Opel Omega as well, they’re not even that unobtainable price-wise, but they are so few and far in between here, especially good examples. Good luck finding a petrol-engine one that hasn’t been LPG converted, too.

Similar applies to Ford Scorpio, and even more so to Ford Sierra.

You can find them in Germany still, but I don’t think for much longer. The owners are dying so the coveted 1 owner examples will soon go away I fear.

Anyone catch Dodge's new Challenger Demon? More than 900 torques and 1000 hp. They claim 0-60 in like 1.7 seconds.

1.7 seconds with RWD? Are there even tires sticky enough to do that?

Anyone catch Dodge's new Challenger Demon? More than 900 torques and 1000 hp. They claim 0-60 in like 1.7 seconds.
If ICE has to have a sendoff, that's a sendoff.

1.7 seconds with RWD? Are there even tires sticky enough to do that?

Apparently. Maybe they are treated with something and so is the launch surface?