Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Slicks on a prepped dragstrip. Even the regular Demon needs that to hit its numbers. Nothing less has enough traction.

Certainly this. I'll bet I even know what track they did it at (not ours, they test a lot at a track in Michigan). Oh, and the trans brake helps with these times.

I exchanged some words with a VW Atlas owner in a FB group yesterday. According to him, the Atlas is on the same platform as the Audi Q8 and Lamborghini Urus.

The Atlas might be nice, but not quite that nice.

Overtook a guy in a Tesla that was clearly on AP the other day only to see him practicing the friggin trumpet in there!
Yes I hit the dashcam and everything but the sun was low and right behind him so can’t see shit sadly. I see the car at least of a week though, so maybe I’m lucky another time.

Last edited:
I exchanged some words with a VW Atlas owner in a FB group yesterday. According to him, the Atlas is on the same platform as the Audi Q8 and Lamborghini Urus.

The Atlas might be nice, but not quite that nice.
Reading the wikipedia to see what vehicles actually share the platform with the Atlas...it's amusing how un-Lamborghini it is. 😅

Audi TT
SEAT León
Ford Tourneo Connect Mk3
VW Polo
Audi A1 Mk2

Reading the wikipedia to see what vehicles actually share the platform with the Atlas...it's amusing how un-Lamborghini it is. 😅

Audi TT
SEAT León
Ford Tourneo Connect Mk3
VW Polo
Audi A1 Mk2

Yeah the MQB platform can do lots of things but a Lamborghini it is not. 😅

The other day I overtook a lowered E39 touring that was bouncing down the road, on the same surface that to me felt like it had been paved yesterday.

To each their own but I do wonder at what point the owner realizes that they've taken what once was the gold standard of executive cars and fucked it up.

The other day I overtook a lowered E39 touring that was bouncing down the road, on the same surface that to me felt like it had been paved yesterday.

To each their own but I do wonder at what point the owner realizes that they've taken what once was the gold standard of executive cars and fucked it up.
No brain, no pain.

I saw one at the Chicago auto show. None on the street

How can you tell?
I loved the press photos, and took notice the first time I saw one. Today, I drove past a parked 370, and was like, "Huh...oh yeah, there's a new one. I feel like I would really have noticed if I had seen more of them after that one months back."

Walking out of a shop, holding my car keys, but out of instinctive reaction press the unlock button as I approach the automatic exit door o_O

Mine doesn't unlock my house either.

There's an old Steven Wright bit about
accidentally using his car key in his front door and accidentally starting it up, and decided to take it for a drive...then got pulled over by the police. Don't remember the specifics, but I think it was from his I Have A Pony album....

Edit: Found it: skip to 3:25

View: https://youtu.be/iUL1l2TrjtM

Silly humans! 😂

2024 Hyundai Kona First Look: Bigger, More EV-Focused Than Before
The cheap and cheerful crossover won fans by driving like a tall hatchback, though it was hampered by a cramped second row and small cargo hold. Hyundai addresses both shortcomings [...] making it one of the larger offerings in the B-segment.
Damnit, one more fewer compact-ish EV option...

Must be a slow week. :LOL: