Random Thoughts CHM edition

I am confused but is that better?

Much! :hug:

Get betterer.

Can the Grand Tour just be Clarkson putting stuff together for an hour with the other 2 commenting? Best show ever!

James May box assembly video: 40 seconds
Jeremy Clarkson box assembly video: 3 minutes

:clap:

"I'm not a practical man."

"REALLY?"

And this is why CHM are entertaining, right here. Are any of the new TG crew willing to make fools of themselves? I'm tellin' ya, it's CHeMistry.

Last edited:
Someone got a 911 Lego kit. I wonder who :lol:

Just wanted to let you guys know I had a stroke 30 of April. Not going to die but there is a big grey rock in my thinking. So I will be reading on the sidelines. Just because I am not saying anything does not mean I agree with you.

Woah I just read this thread. Wish you all the best and a speedy recovery Skylock! :(

Last edited:
Someone got a 911 Lego kit. I wonder who :lol:
(

Did one of them actually? If not, I propose we pool money to send one to Clarkson... provided that he does a live build broadcast and commented by the other 2.

Did one of them actually? If not, I propose we pool money to send one to Clarkson... provided that he does a live build broadcast and commented by the other 2.

Oh man, I'm so down with that :lol: :lol:

C : 'this doesn't fit!'
J : 'you got the wrong one, you need a shorter.....
C: *snaps beam in half*

Last edited:
Actually, how about a companion program to James May: The Reassembler but with Clarkson trying the same projects?

Actually, how about a companion program to James May: The Reassembler but with Clarkson trying the same projects?

I kept hearing about that show but never actually watched. Just pulled up a clip on Youtube - I really need to watch this.

Also, what the hell happened to Captain Slow.

53XHO2H.png

He got promoted to Major Slow.

Someone got a 911 Lego kit. I wonder who

Woah I just read this thread. Wish you all the best and a speedy recovery Skylock! :(
Thank you. Things are coming back fast, but not fast enough for me. Still have a long road to go.

Sounds like someone is butthurt

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/06/09/jeremy-clarkson-dhl-box-top-gear-youtube/

By now, you've probably seen a video floating around of Jeremy Clarkson attempting to put together a DHL shipping box. It's almost mildly amusing, but despite what a lot of other reports are saying, it's not more entertaining than the new Top Gear, regardless of the troubles of the BBC's rebooted series.

Most of the argument stems from the YouTube reception to Clarkson's video. According to MSN Entertainment, viewers of the short video are calling it better than the new Top Gear. One YouTube user wrote "That box is funnier than Matt LeBlanc," while another said they laughed harder at the 3:22 video than in the two hours of TG that's aired so far. According to MSN, another user wrote, "The funny thing is, if this video gets about three million views. It has officially had more views than the last episode of 'New' Top Gear."

This video is not about cars, has no cars in it, and is not produced like that show ? or at all. (James May's portrait camerawork leaves something to be desired.) The Top Gear comparison is being made because of the talent, of course, and yeah, they're funny guys doing their bumbling routine. But the comparison is nonsense.

YouTube's own metrics for the video seem to back up the commenters, if you like random numbers. The Grand Tour team's DHL video went up on June 6 and has already racked up nearly 1.3 million views, while it's gathered 82 likes for every one dislike. The trailer for Top Gear's second episode, meanwhile, was published on June 3, and has only 203,000 views with 6.6 dislikes for every one like. We include the box-assembly video up top not because we recommend watching it, by the way.

But here's the problem ? YouTube users are not and should not be the generally accepted arbiters of taste. This is a mob, and when faced with change the mob flocks to what it knows and embarks on a virtual crusade to destroy what's new. In this case, it's great news for Clarkson, Hammond, and May. But for Top Gear, it's yet another obstacle to overcome. The new Top Gear isn't great, but until The Grand Tour debuts, there's really no comparing the two. So let Clarkson put together a box, and let Evans and his team try and sort out their show's problems.

Sounds like someone is butthurt
Huh? :dunno: YouTube commentators = mob is true whenever a video is somewhat controversial (with a few exceptions here and there, I'm sure) and a comparison between the box-building video and the new TG episodes is pointless. It's like saying you like apples better than salmon.

Last edited:
Not so much butthurt as "need to get some clicks."

Not so much butthurt as "need to get some clicks."
Isn't that always the case with anything related to TG?

Clarkson makes an off-colour remark? SCANDAL! Here come the clicks.
Evans walks out of somewhere and looks a bit tired? ZOMG TG IS OVER! And don't forget to read all about it on our website.

It's just hype.

Huh? :dunno: YouTube commentators = mob is true whenever a video is somewhat controversial (with a few exceptions here and there, I'm sure) and a comparison between the box-building video and the new TG episodes is pointless. It's like saying you like apples better than salmon.

It's not what they do, it's who does it and how they're doing it. If Evans was capable of not being an annoying idiot then people would not think of him as an annoying idiot. Whether he's presenting a car show, a radio show or would invent time travel he's still an annoying idiot. The new TG could have been doing just fine and could have had a reasonably large backing from most old TG viewers, IF they'd have the balls and insight to NOT frantically trying to copy what has been, and NOT employ an annoying idiot.

Don't blame us for pointing that out :)

Last edited: