Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

So, read Batman: Earth One, The Dark Knight Returns, The Dark Knight Strikes Again, The Killing Joke. I've also started reading from Batman #1. What others are significant?

So, read Batman: Earth One, The Dark Knight Returns, The Dark Knight Strikes Again, The Killing Joke. I've also started reading from Batman #1. What others are significant?

Batman: Year One - Essential reading and starting point for any Batman reader.
Batman: The Long Halloween - Continues the story of Year One.
Batman: Dark Justice - continues from The Long Halloween and introduces Robin.
Batman: Hush - brilliant storyline and introduces the character Hush.
Batman: Cataclysm / No Man's Land - long but part of the Dark Knight Rises storyline was based upon this arc.
Batman: Knightfall / KnightQuest / KnightEnd - probably one of the best storylines of the Batman series and Bane at his finest.
Batman: Death in the Family - the fate of a Robins life hangs in the balance.
Batman: R.I.P - Batman faces the Black Glove in his final case.
Batman: WarGames - good storyline that focuses on the gang element of Gotham City.

If you're looking for team up storylines.
Countdown to Infinite Crisis / The OMAC Project / Infinite Crisis - incredibly dark storyline and while it has multiple branching storylines Batman does play a crucial role.
originally during this storyline it was Dick Grayson / Nightwing who was going to die. He was saved at the eleventh hour and it was altered to Superboy who would die
Final Crisis: Ties into Batman R.I.P and Batmans final fate.

Heading out to see Iron Maiden tonight. Watched the Rock In Rio gig today and now I'm totally pumped!

A LIGHT IN THE BLACK...OR JUST A FEAR OF THE DARK!

Doctor Who, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother and Modern Family are all having their season returns in the same week in September. Thats gonna hurt my bandwidth. :blink:

Doctor Who, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother and Modern Family are all having their season returns in the same week in September. Thats gonna hurt my bandwidth. :blink:

Although in doctor who's case it will only be for 5 weeks sadly.

No Doctor Who make jedd a dull fan

How did Grimm have a three month (!!!) break between seasons. With full 22 episode seasons. :| :| :| And they added one of those damned narrative intros that they throw on every show nowadays, they even added one for north american broadcasts of Doctor Who ffs, I liked how in season one the Grimm intro sequence was just the title of the show for a few seconds.

I thought you hated sci-fi?

1 was a great movie with a promising storyline for the franchise, Bay even holding back on the 'ow lets blow something up for no real reason just because it looks cool' for most of the movie, I remember walking out of the theater inspired, TF was back, in a very big and awesome way!......After that unfortunately the Bay could not restrain himself longer so 2 became a crapfest, going straight to 'bad movie' since it completely fucked up the continuity beyond repair and it had even less characterisation than TF1......more shit blowing up though.

Last edited:
Please, PLEASE PLEASE Hollywood, let it end by him getting run over by an F650.

well, according to the trailer alone he will get run over multiple times... maybe if you're really lucky an F650 will make an appearance, sadly i don't think they're very common in NYC though :|

I'm not that picky, anything with enough bulk to make sure he stays down will do, but there is such a thing as the rule of cool :p

I thought you hated sci-fi?

1 was a great movie with a promising storyline for the franchise, Bay even holding back on the 'ow lets blow something up for no real reason just because it looks cool' for most of the movie, I remember walking out of the theater inspired, TF was back, in a very big and awesome way!......After that unfortunately the Bay could not restrain himself longer so 2 became a crapfest, going straight to 'bad movie' since it completely fucked up the continuity beyond repair and it had even less characterisation than TF1......more shit blowing up though.

Sci-fi is beyond bollocks, but Transformers gets a pass. T1 had a great fucking amazing soundtrack... and it's a decent enough film.

Lets pretend 2 and whatever came after that didn't happen. (I've rambled many times about the 'others')

Sci-fi is beyond bollocks, but Transformers gets a pass. T1 had a great fucking amazing soundtrack... and it's a decent enough film.

Lets pretend 2 and whatever came after that didn't happen. (I've rambled many times about the 'others')

I still count the 3rd film as the worst film ever made. How the fuck anyone managed to be convinced that Michael Bay should be allowed to make a fourth film is way beyond me.

I still count the 3rd film as the worst film ever made. How the fuck anyone managed to be convinced that Michael Bay should be allowed to make a fourth film is way beyond me.

Whoa hold on a minute, when the fuck did this happen? :|
:blink: I thought him and Shia was out?

While we already know that the fourth film won?t contain any of the original human cast members, Bay is at pains to stress the film will not be a reboot, but will take the series in a new direction.

?It?s not a reboot,? he says. ?That?s maybe the wrong word. I don?t want to say reboot because then people will think we?re doing a Spider-Man and starting from the beginning. We?re not. We?re taking the story that you?ve seen ? the story we?ve told in three movies already ? and we?re taking it in a new direction.?

But we?re leaving those three as the history,? he continues. ?It all still counts. I met with the writer (Ehren Kruger) before I went off to do Pain And Gain and we talked about a bunch of ideas. We let that simmer for a bit. He?s been thinking about stuff and now we?re getting back together next week to see what we?ve got and to see if it gels.?

As well as revealing his intention to trim around $30 million off the budget of the last film, Bay also reacted positively when asked whether the film would spend more time in space.

?I think so, yeah, a little,? he said, when asked whether space was where the story will be set. ?That feels like the way to go, doesn?t it? I want to go a little off but I don?t want to go too sci-fi. I still want to keep it grounded. That?s what works in these movies, that?s what makes it accessible.? Transformers 4 will open in the US on 27 June 2014.

Grounded? Did he not see the third one?

Wait, how do you make a 4th?
If they bring Megatron back, I will punch all the kittens of the world in the face. Megatrons dead, I saw it happen... twice. :? Optimus fucking decapitated him. (Which was the best part of 3)

T1: The Allspark, most powerful thing ever was on earth.
T2: The Matrix even more powerful thing ever was on earth.
T3: The pillars, even more powerfuller was on the moon.
T4: The x, the most powerful thing ever imagined is on Mars. Which, considering we haven't seen the Mars 'autobot' since T1 makes sense.

Megatron is fucking dead.

Jedd has ruined my night with this news.