Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

From the Internet:

Home Alone series is a prequel to the Saw films. Kevin is Jigsaw.

I lol'd

A new block, only $4.99!

Also Way overpriced for what they get.

Minecraft popularity is probably past its peak ATM but being bought by M$ is not gonna help. I wonder what plans they have with it...

I'm curious as well. Considering it's not a subscription-game like WoW, i wonder how they'll ever make money off it.

In june 2014 they reported 54 million copies sold. Compared to GTA4 selling 25 million copies and GTA5 34 million copies.

I don't think their userbase will grow a lot.

There's more to Minecraft than the game itself at this point. I've often heard that Minecraft is to the current generation of kids what Pokemon was to the previous generations. And with most of the userbase being kids, there's tons of potential for merchandise and tie-in stuff. Just look at the LEGO Minecraft stuff - it was originally just a single set that got enough votes on LEGO's Cuuso/Ideas platform to be considered for production, and it's been so successfull that Minecraft is being turned into it's own full fledged product line.

@shad_68: there is also the fact that being an indie game being bought by evil corp is going to alienate a lot of gamers.

Indie is quite hot these days, and for a reason.

Oh noes the world will end! Or maybe not.

I have been playing Minecraft for about a year on the 360 and have enjoyed it. The One version is much better and I am sure the PC version is even betterer. I can completely understand how overwhelming fans expectations could drive away the people that have created the game. There is something about fandom that makes the fan think their vision of what might, could, would, should, or must be done to make that fan or group happy, that they lose all perspective.

Probably MS wanting to cash in on the growing trend of buying up companies for ludicrous amounts (Twitch, Instagram etc to name a few). Wasnt Notch ranting himself about Facebook buying Oculus? a bit ironic imo.

It'll be interesting to see what M$ do with Minecraft but I'm redownloading it now so I can play it before any changes are made. :)

It'll be interesting to see what M$ do with Minecraft but I'm redownloading it now so I can play it before any changes are made. :)

It'd be nice if they ported it to a real programming language. I tried downloading Minecraft now only to get a popup that I need Java. Sorry, I don't need Java.

Isn't it written in Java?

I've always wanted to try Tropico, I got the email yesterday, but I forgot to activate it until I saw TG Mans post.

I've started the game, i'm bankrupt because I keep building things I can't afford. :p I have 3 farms, one corn, one tobacco and one papaya. But I don't seem to be exporting anything. Is it automatic?