Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Just started playing Freedom Fighters because I was looking for a good action game that I haven't played before, and so far, I'm impressed, although, either the enemies have too much armor, or the guns are too week; one guy can take a lot of damage before going down.

The only good action game I can think of that I haven't played yet is GTA IV, but prices are still a bit too high ATM.

Any recommendations? I'm looking for an action game that has a good storyline, and good gameplay; nothing too old though.

Freedom Fighters was awesome as was Jesper Kyd's music in it D:

Finally have more free time now, but there are not any games that really interests me coming out. I'm not a big turn based game fan, but being bored I started playing The Last Remnant a few days ago, this game is hard. I think I'm only 10-15% into the game, and I'm already having difficulties doing the side quests.

Finally have more free time now, but there are not any games that really interests me coming out. I'm not a big turn based game fan, but being bored I started playing The Last Remnant a few days ago, this game is hard. I think I'm only 10-15% into the game, and I'm already having difficulties doing the side quests.

If I ever really have to kill time. I pull out Civ IV.

Civ IV is the ultimate time waster. A single game lasts longer than most single player campaigns. I suck at it though :(

Never played any of the Civilization games before, I might give it a try later.

Another random tech though after reading about 3DRealm's demise, they should've sold a Duke Nukem Forever Prologue. :p

Been watching Breaking Bad from AMC. So far it has been quite entertaining and I recommend it for anyone who is looking for something to watch and hasn't already caught it.

Another proof that Hollywood needs a good kick in the ass.
It looks like a new version of total recall is on it's way..

Another proof that Hollywood needs a good kick in the ass.
It looks like a new version of total recall is on it's way..

No reason to be angry. If it fails then it fails and it will be forgotten.

I just watched an ep of "The Professionals" where they actually had a van labelled with "ACME DRILLING". I nearly fell off my couch laughing.

even being 11 years old, Starcraft 1 is still super badass. That is all

Well, here's a scan from the manual:

5bdx6q.jpg

So, does Dual Channel mean that both have to be in one channel together (i.e A or B)? Both 2GB sticks are in Channel A, so means their in Dual Channel, right?

In case no one has answered this, No, one needs to be in each pair of slots. That way, you have each channel operating. With them both in the same channel you cannot use both channels, as they are in the same channel.
Took me quite a while (And a new computer) to figure out.

I just watched a couple of episodes of SVU and I can just say that having Cabot back is so much better than that piece of shit Greylek, I still think Novak is the best of them all though.

Side note: Why are all ADAs on Law and Order girls?

In case no one has answered this, No, one needs to be in each pair of slots. That way, you have each channel operating. With them both in the same channel you cannot use both channels, as they are in the same channel.
Took me quite a while (And a new computer) to figure out.

It's been resolved already. :)

Ok, I read some more in the manual and found this:

1692nn4.jpg

Yeah, looks like shad_68 is right, and I just now realized that for them to work in dual channel, they can't be in the same channel; one has to be in channel A and the other has to be in channel B.

It's been like that (both on channel A) since I did the rebuild last November. What's the performance difference between two sticks in the same channel and two sticks in dual channel?

I feel like an idiot. :(

Does this belong in here?

On my phone, when you type 'ba' into the predictive text entry, the second word choice is bailout.

Isn't that weird? It's kind of amusing that nowadays the second most used word starting with ba is bailout... I'm sure the word existed before this current economic crisis, but nobody used the word bailout with any kind of frequency before.

No they don't, they've had at least a dozen get away...