Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Happy birthday to this fellow! One the key people in the creation of Warner Brothers Animation division.

Justice League coming to Blu-Ray :D

24OSmbV.jpg

:blink:

Well, I know what I'll be rewatching this fall/winter :mrgreen:

But, will it be just JLU or JL too?

McGee just used an app he created, to unlock the doors on a 1992-1999 GMC Suburban. "Using the Vin on the dashboard. He hacks into a database and downloads all the codes."

This show is incredible. :lmao:

They have to fit all the crime fighting and interrogating and arresting in an hour, some liberties have to be taken.

"Quick, we need to process this evidence"
"I'll send it to the crime lab"

*6 Months later*

"Not a match."
"Motherfuckers!"

Realistic, doesn't make for good TV though :p

McGee just used an app he created, to unlock the doors on a 1992-1999 GMC Suburban. "Using the Vin on the dashboard. He hacks into a database and downloads all the codes."

This show is incredible. :lmao:

That one at least is somewhat plausible. Those Suburbans had early Onstar and remote door lock pop just by VIN *was possible*. OnStar has had multiple security problems and breaches, too.

That one at least is somewhat plausible. Those Suburbans had early Onstar and remote door lock pop just by VIN *was possible*. OnStar has had multiple security problems and breaches, too.

The day NCIS is plausible is a sad day. :(

I just got an email with a question as the subject line: "What is better than FIFA 16"?

All I could think is a lot of things are better than that.

Things that are better than FIFA 16

Breakfast-Food-Idea-A1.jpg

Craft-Beer.jpeg

grassy-hills-of-the-soran-valley.jpg

TV shows where the professionals explain something to each other, purely for the audience.

Eg: "It's coffee"
"coffee?"
"yeah, it's a brown powder people mix with water and milk to drink"

I think there's an official term for this, but it drives me up the fucking wall.

The term is "incorrect", because powder and milk are not ingredients of proper coffee.

I just did some math with my steam client ... I added up all the hours I spend playing games on steam (which is most of them) over the years. Calculating with a 16 hour awake period a day, I spend about 10 days each year playing video games on average. Roughly under 3% of my time is hence consumed by video games.

Is that a lot for a hobby?

2119 days since I got my first game on Steam, 6600 hours played, so a 3 hour a day average. But this doesn't account idling in TF2 when it still was easy and idling random games for trading cards(2-300 indie games from bundles).

I just did some math with my steam client ... I added up all the hours I spend playing games on steam (which is most of them) over the years. Calculating with a 16 hour awake period a day, I spend about 10 days each year playing video games on average. Roughly under 3% of my time is hence consumed by video games.

Is that a lot for a hobby?

Would you rather spend that time watching TV instead? It is recreational time, something the body and mind needs, so spend it how you choose.

Would you rather spend that time watching TV instead? It is recreational time, something the body and mind needs, so spend it how you choose.

I wasn?t asking "should I do something else instead?", I am doing what I want with my free time ... I wanted some perspective. 160 hours (or 10 whole days, bed to bed) for a hobby each year ... I am tempted to say that that?s not a lot, but I have to idea to be honest ...

TV shows where the professionals explain something to each other, purely for the audience.

Eg: "It's coffee"
"coffee?"
"yeah, it's a brown powder people mix with water and milk to drink"

I think there's an official term for this, but it drives me up the fucking wall.

"Cigarette?"
"Yes, I know."

I finally got around to watching Narcos. I've only seen the first episode, but I love the fact that it's in Spanish with subtitles. That sounds stupid, but usually Pablo would be speaking English and being played by someone like Dennis Franz.

They're a lot of people who won't watch something, because of the subtitles. Those people are idiots and it's their loss.

What surprised me most about the show is how much coke Pablo was shipping daily. I wasn't sure if the show was over-indulging the amount. I checked wiki "At the height of its power, the Medell?n drug cartel was smuggling fifteen tons of cocaine per day, worth more than half a billion dollars, into the United States."

:|

TLDR: Great show.

And that was just into the USA. Europe still used quite a bit at that time as well as Asia.