- The plane crash results in various unpleasant scenes of gore.
- One man's leg is slit open, a steel rod goes through the stomach of another man.
- Limbs are shown in a state of decay from gangrene.
- The co-pilot's head is shown against the cockpit window, which is smeared with blood.
- There are glimpses of people sawing hunks off dead bodies: both the dismemberment and consumption of dead bodies is lingered over by the camera.
In Conversation: John C. ReillyThe actor thinks audiences just want to be surprised. He’d do (almost) anything to oblige.