Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

You watch the wrong shows.
The sadder thing is, I never even watched the show. At the time, it was such a pop-cultural phenomenon, it was kinda everywhere, both with the show itself, then the post-show drama.

They'd better not dig up Police Squad too, poor Leslie would be spinning in his grave. I like Neeson but I doubt he will be able to carry across Nielsen funny.

I wonder what kind of mess modern TV would make of Sledge Hammer too...

I don't know how I feel about that.

I'm cautiously optimistic. When I was a youngster, Leslie's movies were probably my favorite, despite not getting a lot of the jokes.

With Liam? Honestly? I can see it working. As a serious actor, he has the gravitas to pull off the "straight man" role well. And I think he's done really great in quite a bit of comedy.

View: https://youtu.be/huJ81Mq2y34?si=6Q9NTsUx50KQ07il
As far as Seth McFarlane involvement, I'd have been much more down on it for a long while, but the Ted TV show has been surprisingly solid, given I didn't care for the movie(s? Are there two? I think there are 2...didn't see the second one, if there is).

One of my favorite aspects of Leslie and the Naked Gun movies is not going back to his serious roles like Day of the Animals, and expecting a Naked Gun-esque punchline after every seriously-delivered line.

Conversely...I'm less optimistic about:

YfirIkP.png

Real talk, the Brandon Lee "The Crow" movie was one of my all-time favorites, and one of the first movies I remember being super excited about from trailers before release. I was in a band at the time, and we had a "band field trip" to go see it as a group. 😅 I hope the soundtrack isn't just, like, 21 Pilots and Imagine Dragons bullshit. >🤣

For literal decades, I thought the relationship between Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi was a little sketchy, simply because of what I thought was their ages when they met. I knew of Derek as a guitar player in magazines when he was pretty young, and thought that not only was he still a teenager when they met, but that Susan was older than she was back then. I thought it was something like 16 and 40 and it always bugged me. TIL it was actually 20 and 29....he was older and she was younger than I had thought all these years.

Not some earth-shattering revelation, but just a random thought.

For literal decades, I thought the relationship between Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi was a little sketchy, simply because of what I thought was their ages when they met. I knew of Derek as a guitar player in magazines when he was pretty young, and thought that not only was he still a teenager when they met, but that Susan was older than she was back then. I thought it was something like 16 and 40 and it always bugged me. TIL it was actually 20 and 29....he was older and she was younger than I had thought all these years.

Not some earth-shattering revelation, but just a random thought.
And then you realise Richie Sambora, who is 64, is dating/has dated Alice Cooper's 39-year-old touring guitarist Orianthi.