Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

I'm not sure they ship over here

just saw this mentioned on Penny Arcade and Microsoft have begun working on bringing their XBox Live service to mobile phones. To the extent of which i don't know but i get the sneaking impression that this could mean playing games on the mobile phone that grants achievement awards similar as Live games do on the PC and the Xbox. The only other thought is that perhaps they'll add in some 100 vs 1 game or the ability to browse the marketplace.
Anyway, full article from the daily telegraph below.

Microsoft 'plans Xbox Live for Windows Mobile'
By Shane Richmond, Head of Technology (Editorial)
Published: 9:00AM GMT 02 Jan 2010

The company is seeking a principal program manager, software test engineer and senior software test engineer. The description for the principal program manager position, which has now been filled, said Microsoft wants experts who can bring ?Xbox Live enabled games to Windows Mobile?.

Microsoft says it is particularly keen to focus on avatar integration, social interactions and multiscreen experiences, suggesting that the community elements of Xbox Live will be at the forefront of the proposed new service.

Microsoft has been developing its Live Anywhere gaming initiative for a few years now. Live Anywhere so far allows gamers to keep their identities and friends lists across Xbox and Windows PC platforms. Live Anywhere also allows Microsoft Points - the company?s worldwide currency, used for purchasing games, videos and music - to be used across platforms.

Zune Social, an online service for owners of Microsoft?s Zune music players, also syncs with Live Anywhere, allowing users to combine their Zune IDs with the Xbox Live gamertag IDs. However, so far Windows Mobile has not been linked with other parts of the system.

There have been industry rumours for some time that Microsoft is planning a Zune phone to compete with Apple?s iPhone. While the job ads do suggest that Microsoft wants to compete with Apple, which has enjoyed great success with mobile games for both the iPhone and iPod Touch, there is nothing to suggest that a Zune phone is part of the plans.

full article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...osoft-plans-Xbox-Live-for-Windows-Mobile.html

Just got back to playing Eve Online again... That game never seems to really let me go.

Why would Cyberdyne a multi-billion dollar defense company, send back in time to save humanity... a Terminator with an Austrian accent?

Why would Cyberdyne a multi-billion dollar defense company, send back in time to save humanity... a Terminator with an Austrian accent?

If a computer made a human, wouldn't it make sense that it would be German-ish? Maybe Austrian is as human (non-German) as they could get.

So they could lower the Austrian into the furnace during the final act!

If a computer made a human, wouldn't it make sense that it would be German-ish? Maybe Austrian is as human (non-German) as they could get.
And I always thought this was another imperfection (like the smell) the machines added to make it pass as human ... no one would think they?d equip a killermachine with a ridiculous accent ...

I finished Uncharted 2 and I honestly don't understand what all the fuss is about. Sure it was a good game and there were some spellbinding moments (like the hotel chapter) but I never really was on the edge of my seat unable to put the controller down. It was good but wasn't that good; really, the only place I was on the edge of my seat and excited was the final boss fight. In hindsight maybe it's because I finished Uncharted 1 about a month earlier before I picked the sequel up, but that aside if you gave me Uncharted 2 or another season of Dollhouse; I'd gladly pick Dollhouse. Uncharted isn't by an means bad but I don't think it deserved the praise it got.

I'd give it an 8/10

It's good but not one of those mind blowing/mind frack/game to end all games

PS: Did anyone notice the ahem 'inspiration' off tomb raider legend during the sequence when you have to bounce the lights off the mirrors or the beginning portion of nepal (which looked just a bit like Juggensomethingorother in Tomb Raider Underworld).

Last edited:
Bahaha. I just watched the Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie. It was like way bad and so totally 1992. For one thing, the vampires looked stupid, sounded stupid (yeah, just go "grrr" we don't need to hire a sound engineer to make you sound scary, it'll be fine) and were all acted very poorly. And the odd teen movie humor was just weird (though funny, even if it was in a "so bad it's good" way). After that I'm kind of surprised that they even got enough funding to film a pilot for the series (obviously it's a good thing that they did manage that)

Bahaha. I just watched the Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie. It was like way bad and so totally 1992. For one thing, the vampires looked stupid, sounded stupid (yeah, just go "grrr" we don't need to hire a sound engineer to make you sound scary, it'll be fine) and were all acted very poorly. And the odd teen movie humor was just weird (though funny, even if it was in a "so bad it's good" way). After that I'm kind of surprised that they even got enough funding to film a pilot for the series (obviously it's a good thing that they did manage that)

The Buffy movie i hold in about the same regard as the original Stargate Movie. They're both mediocre films but if neither had been made into highly successful tv franchises then they would just have been forgotten and hardly remembered. I'm also surprised at how they were able to launch the Buffy series, Joss Whedon must have made a great pitch to the show. Fox must have known they were on to something, from what i remember they immediately gave the green light to Season 2 before a episode of Season 1 had aired. Above all, if the Buffy pilot had failed then it might have taken Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse along with it.

Well, I mean the basic story was still there, underneath all the mediocrity of the film. But yeah, he must have given the execs a great pitch (along with a nice fleshed out plot outline) and it was long enough after the movie that it had probably already been forgotten about. Give me a couple weeks and I'll forget about it too :lol:

God dammit. In addition to being, at this point, a month and a half behind on Mythbusters, Discovery Canada isn't even playing them in the right order. Play an episode, play the previous episode, go skip the next unplayed one, go back and play the one you skipped, repeat. I just saw the second episode with Jessi, which is the first episode wither her that they've played and next week they're playing the first episode with her and and and and

:blowup:

that's some win right there ^

Pink polentaaaa~ :p

[YOUTUBE]CylaEGlXR_0[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]ZZUzViUT8OY[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]VDFnVXtG2zM[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]B1uBP4MZEP4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]6RklUJHuMaY[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]ogpifk-X0ic[/YOUTUBE]
I would be up for an all CG super hero film.