Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Wtf? So Toy Story 3 premiered on June 18 and it's not in my local theater? Oh, looks like it's at another one but that's more expensive! It's the first time I see this kind of licensing issue with theaters over here

Sorry for the double post but this is totally unrelated. Any suggestions of WWII documentaries for someone who just recently got interested? One about the guns would be nice.

Sorry for the double post but this is totally unrelated. Any suggestions of WWII documentaries for someone who just recently got interested? One about the guns would be nice.

World at War is probably the most essential one that comes to the top of my head. Its a bit dated and a lot of information such as England's breaking of the Enigma Code was still classified at the time it was filmed. But for anyone wanting to watch WW2 doc's. It really is essential viewing.

Going to see Toy Story 3 today.

Will report back.

EDIT:

Back from seeing it and I've given it a bit to sink in.

From what I've seen, it felt like a swan song, a goodbye for Toy Story and I think the main message conveyed in Andy's transition to college isn't so much his loosening attachment to the toys but the transition we make ourselves when we pass through various stages of our lives. I feel like the movie was made for us, the people who basically grew up like Andy has with these toys and are very soon going to go through the transition or are transitioning to college/university now. For the length of the film, there's this build of nostalgia both from the previous movies, but also when you, as a kid played with your own toys as well and that part where you have to fill in the blanks between the second movie and the third movie is really important in the movie tries to set. I won't spoil anything for you but two scenes to look out for are the furnace and the ending. I'll be honest you, I had to try really hard hold the tears back and it was the only two moments in the entire movie where the entire cinema was silent. It'll certainly strike a chord with you, that's for sure.

Oh and don't bother with 3D. Tried it, meh.

Last edited:
World at War is probably the most essential one that comes to the top of my head. Its a bit dated and a lot of information such as England's breaking of the Enigma Code was still classified at the time it was filmed. But for anyone wanting to watch WW2 doc's. It really is essential viewing.

That's actually pretty good, thanks

Going to see Toy Story 3 today.

Will report back.

EDIT:

Back from seeing it and I've given it a bit to sink in.

From what I've seen, it felt like a swan song, a goodbye for Toy Story and I think the main message conveyed in Andy's transition to college isn't so much his loosening attachment to the toys but the transition we make ourselves when we pass through various stages of our lives. I feel like the movie was made for us, the people who basically grew up like Andy has with these toys and are very soon going to go through the transition or are transitioning to college/university now. For the length of the film, there's this build of nostalgia both from the previous movies, but also when you, as a kid played with your own toys as well and that part where you have to fill in the blanks between the second movie and the third movie is really important in the movie tries to set. I won't spoil anything for you but two scenes to look out for are the furnace and the ending. I'll be honest you, I had to try really hard hold the tears back and it was the only two moments in the entire movie where the entire cinema was silent. It'll certainly strike a chord with you, that's for sure.

That yes! Im thinking about the furnace scene and I can't remember anything. Could you clear it up for me using /spoilers?

Last edited:
That yes! Im thinking about the furnace scene and I can't remember anything. Could you clear it up for me using /spoilers?

Lotso was supposed to push the button to close the furnace, but instead he ran off and let the toys die and as they slid closer to the fire at the center of the furnace they realized weren't going to make it, Buzz just stopped struggling, looked at Jesse and held her hand and then one by one the toys all linked up and braced themselves.

Last edited:
Lotso was supposed to push the button to close the furnace, but instead he ran off to let the toys die and as the slid closer to the fire at the center of the furnace, when they realized weren't going to make it, Buzz just stopped struggling, looked at Jesse and held her hand and then one by one the toys all linked up and braced themselves.

Ah yes. Can't believe I forgot that moment....

I was on Youtube all morning and never noticed it. *shrugs*

I couldn't find any posts about the trouble that Mel Gibson has found....apparently there is a tape of him ranting against his former girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.

I believe only radaronline has heard the actual tape. The initial outrage was over the following remark

"You look like a fucking pig in heat and if you get raped by a pack of niggers it will be your fault"

followed by

"I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

classy

That was all last weeks news...apparently there is more. So he made the comments about blacks, and a couple years back he had gone on an anti-semitic rant. He completes the racism trifecta with this gem...

?I will report her to the fucking people that take fucking money from the wetbacks.?

But wait...still more! And this may end up being the worst (Again, if all of this is true).

Oksana: What kind of a man is that who would hit a woman when she is holding a child in her hands, hitting her twice in the face?
Oksana: What kind of a man is that?
Mel Gibson: You know what ? you fucking deserved it

/career

*edit
Was just thinking, these quotes would make for a good movie...you know, the cartoon ones where you write the text and it reads it.

Last edited:
even if its completely false, thats still a career ender right there.

UPDATE: Daily Mail has it.
ctor Mel Gibson's troubled relationship with his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva took a new twist today. The Los Angeles Sheriff's Department announced that it has launched an investigation in domestic abuse claims after recordings surfaced in which Gibson apparently admits to hitting the Russian musician. The Sheriff's Department has released a statement claiming investigators are 'currently gathering information regarding the allegations.'

In a statement to RadarOnline.com, Lt. Richard Erikson said: 'An investigation of domestic violence was launched by Malibu/Lost Hills Station Detectives in July, 2010, involving actor Mel Gibson and his former girlfriend, Oksana Grigoieva. 'The Detective in charge of the investigation is currently gathering information regarding the allegations. Due to the investigation being preliminary in nature, no other information is available at this time.'

Gibson allegedly told the mother of his youngest child she 'f*****g deserved' to be hit, in a recording of an incident that occurred on January 6th. The actor is alleged to have beaten former lover Oksana Grigorieva while she was holding their daughter Lucia in her arms. In the recording, Miss Grigorieva can be heard saying: 'What kind of man is it who would hit a woman when she is holding a child in her hands, hitting her twice in the face? What kind of a man is that?' A man, allegedly Gibson, then says: 'You know what? You f*****g deserved it.'

Gibson has denied hitting Miss Grigorieva but said that they had had a loud argument. Miss Grigorieva has photographs of her 'bloodied and bruised' face in the wake of a confrontation with the Oscar-winner, it has previously been claimed. 'You can see Oksana's two main front teeth were broken and there are bruises all over her face,' the insider, who claims to have seen the alleged photos, told Radar Online. 'They will come out eventually and she is prepared to use them in their court case.'

It has previously emerged that Gibson, 54, was allegedly caught on tape in a racist and threatening tirade against Grigorieva, the mother of his baby daughter Lucia. In one of the recordings, obtained by the same US website, the actor allegedly tells 40-year-old Grigorieva that the way she is dressed will get her 'raped by a pack of n******'. 'You're an embarrassment to me,' the Oscar-winning director and actor allegedly said. 'You look like a f***ing pig in heat, and if you get raped by a pack of n******, it will be your fault.' The couple's eight-month-old daughter can be heard screaming in the background, it was claimed. A lawyer for the Mad Max star has previously 'emphatically denied' he was violent toward the Russian singer during an incident that took place at Gibson's Malibu mansion on January 6. A spokesman for Gibson has so far not been able to comment to Mail Online on the allegations.

The news of the photos comes a week after the pair filed restraining orders against each other. A judge later warned them to keep quiet about their legal wrangles. The Russian musician - who also has a son from a relationship with former James Bond star Timothy Dalton - filed a restraining order against her ex-lover first, prohibiting him from coming within 100 yards of her. Gibson has seven children with former wife Robyn, with whom he split in April 2009 after 30 years of marriage. He stunned Hollywood in 2006 after he made anti-Semitic comments to police officers who arrested him for drink-driving. 'F***ing Jews. The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world,' he said. His criminal record was cleared in October 2009.

original article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rlfriend-Oksana-Grigorieva.html#ixzz0t88rM4hn

Last edited:
My first IMAX experience today with Toy Story 3. Man, that was an amazing movie, I really enjoyed it a lot. Next on the list Predators and Inception

XVT1N.jpg

:love: Olivia Wilde.

The wait for the next season is too long...