Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

just saw Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, not as good as Public Enemies but good to see DC animating and using some decent cgi, could do better though.

not seen it yet but its high on my list because its based on one of the best Superman/Batman stories, re-introduces Supergirl, has Darkseid in it and is among Michael Turner's last work (RIP). Its good to see them producing some good work though, last years Green Lantern and this years Red Hood were both great films and enjoyed them a lot.

Kevin Conroy wasn't as dark in this as he was in Public Enemies, i think cause they concentrated on Superman this time.

Also, just watched Iron Man 2 (i know, late), gotta love the after credits bit, they're doing exactly what i predicted 6 years ago :D

God Portal is fun, can't wait for Portal 2. I've played a bit before but never really got in depth but now that I did I'm mad that I didn't before.

Some tool used my email address to set up a Windows Live account and an Xbox Live account last week. <_<

I cancelled the Windows Live account when it came through but I've just had an email from MS with his gamertag 'I aM SpiDeRMaN', so now he has a couple of messages waiting for him asking him to change it. If I don't hear from him I'll get in touch with MS and get the account cancelled.

Some tool used my email address to set up a Windows Live account and an Xbox Live account last week. <_<

I cancelled the Windows Live account when it came through but I've just had an email from MS with his gamertag 'I aM SpiDeRMaN', so now he has a couple of messages waiting for him asking him to change it. If I don't hear from him I'll get in touch with MS and get the account cancelled.

judging from that Xbox Live gamertag, its obvious just how big a tool he is.

Good Old Games(gog.com) shut down today

www.gog.com

Dear GOG users,

We have recently had to give serious thought to whether we could really keep GOG.com the way it is. We've debated on it for quite some time and, unfortunately, we've decided that GOG.com simply cannot remain in its current form.

We're very grateful for all support we've received from all of you in the past two years. Working on GOG.com was a great adventure for all of us and an unforgettable journey to the past, through the long and wonderful history of PC gaming.

This doesn't mean the idea behind GOG.com is gone forever. We're closing down the service and putting this era behind us as new challenges await.

On a technical note, this week we'll put in place a solution to allow everyone to re-download their games. Stay tuned to this page and follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates.

All the best,
GOG.com Team

Too bad this idea didn't really took off.

Last edited:
Just finished with the first episode of "The Event". So.......aliens, time travelers, etc?

Woot, new shows this week, House \o/ Castle \o/ QI XL \o/ Fringe \o/ Rubicon \o/ SoA \o/

life is good

Is anyone watching Weeds?

This show has made a comeback for sure. The current season is probably already my favourite after season 1 and 2, even the last season in Agrestic wasn't as entertaining as season 6. The last few episodes have been really tense and have had a lot of cliffhangers, but somehow the cliffhangers aren't annoying and are actually quite satisfying.

Weeds was always a black comedy but it kind of lost its focus in that regard, but it's totally back now.

I am watching it and enjoying it again.

I am watching it and enjoying it again.

Good man.

I'm not surprised, just dropped by IMDb and every other post is about how great this season has been. That kind of audience reaction is almost impossible to garner for a show six seasons in, especially one that got pretty far fetched in the middle.

The only gripe I have is how far they've strayed from the original premise of suburban pot smokers. But it's still a fun half an hour.

there are times where i am almost certain Blizzard Entertainment are staffed by a bunch of monkeys.
I tried to play some WoW last night only to find that the game stuttered whenever i moved the mouse. figured this was due to the patch being installed yesterday, so i figured i'd let it download. it finishes and i try again, same problem. deleted the WTF folder and removed my add-ons, tried again but still same problem. restarted computer and stopped every program running in the background, still the same problem. so after tearing my hair out to the point i started looking like Patrick Stewart, i went into the options > video menu and found that for some reason a button called 'hardware cursor' that has somehow managed to mess with my computer. really wished Blizzard had pointed this out, it ran fine last week when i played for a hour.
yet to download the SC2 patch and i shudder to think what Blizzard have done to that game.
/rant

as long as they don't do All Star Batman, it'll be good.

think Marvel is more concerned with their live-action movies at the moment. DC's next live action film after The Dark Knight is going to be Green Lantern and thats still a year away. shame they both can't learn from each other.

Just watched Machete....damn yeah :D Corny, American style kick-ass movie, that just has epic levels of awesomeness :D :lol: