Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

god damn it, my PS3 doesn't read any kind of disc anymore.

I pretty much bought a PS3 just for GT5 and 2 years later the game still isn't out and my PS3 doesnt work.\

I'll shit bricks If my dad actually fixes it himself. he's gonna try.

Holy B-Action awesomeness Batman !!

They are saying Robert Rodriguez is afterall making the movie "Machete", starring Danny Trejo !! And apparently filming has started, the film is supposed to come out in 2010.

For those who are not familiar with the concept...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8cCzltPD6Y[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985694/

And here is the best part....the cast is...well...it's astounding:

Danny Trejo
, Jessica Alba, Lindsay Lohan, Michelle Rodriguez, Steven Seagal, Cheech Marin, Don Johnson and.....Robert De Niro

Brace yourselves everybody, the 80's are back with a vengeance !! Between this and The Expendables, next year will be awesome for movie goers.

machete2.jpg

Fuck. Yeah.

Last edited:
Jessica Alba, well theres my money for the ticket price right there.

So I got Bioshock today ... continuing the good tradition to buy games for nothing more than 10 Euros ... and while my first 1,5 hours of game haven?t quite won me over so far ... I have to say ... this is the first game that makes my PC buckle.
At 1024 resolution, it won?t play at max quality ... and even with single graphics features deactivated, it?s still jerky when the going get?s tough.

We are talking about an 8800gts on a C2D (6400) platform with 4GB ram here ... wich easliy beats what the package recommends for the game.:blink:

So, I'm going to be building a PC in the next month or two...not into hardcore gaming...lots of multi-tasking, though. Looking for something quiet, most of all, but preferably smaller than most ATX mid-towers.

Anyone have experience with this case?
http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0280044
http://www.aerocool.com.tw/case/m40/m40.htm

If quietness is the primary concern, should I even be bothering with mATX cases? They all seem to have 80mm fans...is this a problem?

So I got Bioshock today ... continuing the good tradition to buy games for nothing more than 10 Euros ... and while my first 1,5 hours of game haven?t quite won me over so far ... I have to say ... this is the first game that makes my PC buckle.
At 1024 resolution, it won?t play at max quality ... and even with single graphics features deactivated, it?s still jerky when the going get?s tough.

We are talking about an 8800gts on a C2D (6400) platform with 4GB ram here ... wich easliy beats what the package recommends for the game.:blink:

Yes, Bioshock is quite demanding...but also quite forgiving. I played it on my measly laptop - 1.6ghz Core Duo, 1.5GB RAM, and Ati X1400. It played really good on Low settings.

Started playing Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater again out of sheer boredom, that and id never finnished when I had the PS2. Found out my PS3 doesn't like the flames that much during the boss fight with The Fury. Much chugging and stuttering was had.

Last edited:
Just spend DAYS downloading this DVD only to find their are no subtitles. AHHHHHHHH FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU! Now I need to learn Swedish this weekend. :shakefist:

^What DVD?

I love my new laptop. The only downside is battery life; I've been getting about an hour and a half to two hours of usage.

It runs everything flawlessly, from Day of Defeat: Source to Supreme Commander to Far Cry 2 with everything maxed.

Very happy for this purchase. Now it's time for me to finish backing everything up from my desktop to my external hard drive dock for the transfer to the college-world.

You could look into buying a larger, say, 9-cell battery perhaps, and keep your current one as a spare.

Remember when AVG was good? Now it's just a greedy, memory eating bastard.

I just had an encounter with a drunken Norwegian. He bought me a Live for Speed license.

Definitely one of the stranger things to happen to me in my gaming life...

^That might be the first time that has EVER happened to ANYONE. Well, unless he does it for everyone he meets while drunk.

I haven't played many games for almost two years now. And I have played none at all for almost one year. I don't know why, I just haven't got the time or effort. I spend more time sitting alone getting more depressed than ever.

Is there such a thing as a NAS that doesn't have to be on all the time? Can it be remotely turned on-and-off by two computers on the same network?

Meaning...I want to download stuff using my main rig to the NAS, so I can watch video off it from the HTPC without having to turn on the main rig...but I don't like the fact that the NAS will pretty much be on all the time.

Maybe there's another way, but I'd like to be able to turn on the low-power PC to watch stuff without having to power up the desktop...but not if it means that the drive is always on, wasting power, and just running for no reason.

Any other ideas?

Right now I have my laptop acting as an HTPC. It's networked with my desktop, but if I have to turn on my desktop to make the files available, I might as well just watch them on my desktop, rather than turning both on, transfering the file, then turning it off again.

I know, I know...a rather convolutes post, but I'm not feeling well. Bear with me. :p

My friend lent me GTA IV for PC after it didn't work on his computer, popped it in and after an agonizing three hours of anticipation, registrations and all manner of mandatory installs it......surprisingly works quite well on mostly high settings. The only major gripes are that I can't really control the camera properly with a touchpad, some controls require a mouse that I don't have because I'm on a laptop and that it's a resource hog (tried to load up firefox to search for cheats while in game, took me thirty seconds). Still for what its worth, not too shabby.

I haven't played many games for almost two years now. And I have played none at all for almost one year. I don't know why, I just haven't got the time or effort. I spend more time sitting alone getting more depressed than ever.

As in you haven't played many new games or have you just not played any games at all?

I get what you mean though, some times its just too tiring to have to concentrate on a game; these days they never really let you unwind, perhaps they're just getting better in the immersion department but that doesn't really help you relax after a long day does it?

^ Not played any games, full stop. And its not a case of being able to concentrate on a game, its more a case of I have different things to do. I'm more exhausted as a whole overall, both mentally and physically. I just don't think of myself as a kid anymore, and my body feels the same way, unfortunately.

As another point...Death Proof is a weird film. Tarantino is one fucked up gentleman. :lol: