Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Charley is going on his own "Long Way..." without Ewan?

Aren't they supposed to be doing a "Long Way Up" from the southern most point of South America to LA?

By any means 1 was really good! I highly recommend it if you can find it.
And i think they are going to do a "long way up" too!
They need to go back and focus on Ewan and Charley though, long way down wasn't that good i think...

Last edited:
It's basically the same just without Ewan loving everything then hating it then loving it again.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwcJiMBMfvE[/YOUTUBE]

By Any Means. <3

No bitching from Ewan. <3

So who watched The Cleveland Show? It appears to be inferior to Family Guy (which is already the bottom rung of not-kid-friendly-but-kids-still-watch-them cartoons). I'm going to watch the second episode, see if it gets better after the first, which was basically just setting the show up.

not even bothering with the cleveland show. I've really found that both American Dad and Family Guy have both long since stopped being funny and there's just nothing new there.

On a side note i did watch the first episode of Titan Maximum which is a parody of all those combining robot shows and i did find kind of funny. Plus it also has the voice of Rachel Leigh Cook in it and anything with her in it is going to make me watch... even if it is her voice.

Just bought the full band set of Rock Band 2 (changed my mind since my friends wanted to play the full set, and one of them might buy the drums and mic off of me :)). I ordered it via Amazon, for two reasons:

1. It was $36 cheaper than buying locally, even with $65 worth of fees and shipping
  2. Every store I went to was sold out of the PS3 version, and wouldn't get any new stock for at least a week. The courier shipping from Amazon takes 3-7 business days.

I like how it's cheaper and faster to have it shipped from the US instead of buying it at a local game shop. :lol:

EDIT: And, less than six hours later, it's already been shipped! :eek:

Last edited:
My ASUS motherboard includes this software called "EPU-4 Engine", which basically controls the power consumption of my system.

There are three settings: Auto Mode, High Performance Mode, and Max. Power Saving Mode.

I noticed that when I put it on Max. Power Saving, my GPU fan turns off completely, but if it's in Auto Max. Power Saving Mode (Auto Mode varies between power saving and high performance), the GPU fan is spinning.

I am using RivaTuner to monitor GPU temps and it shows 28 C to 30 C when idling in Auto Max. Power Saving Mode, but if I put it in Max. Power Saving Mode, the idling GPU temp shoots up to around 45 C.

When the fan is spinning at its lowest speed while a game is running, the temp stays at a constant 40 C.

So, should I keep it in Max. Power Saving Mode, when I'm not playing games (this will bring up the idle temp from 30 C to 45 C) to preserve the fan's life, or should I just leave the EPU-4 engine in Auto Mode and keep the GPU fan idling at 30 C?

What temps are safe/unsafe for the GPU?

BTW I have a Radeon HD 4670 with a Zalman VF1000 cooler (stock cooler broke).

Auto mode sounds like the best compromise.
Depends though, laptop or desktop. if it were me : desktop = always on high performance, laptop = always on super save electricity mode (unless you've got it plugged in all the time)

Frankie Boyle is apparently leaving Mock the Week! Noooooooo!

Frankie Boyle is apparently leaving Mock the Week! Noooooooo!

i've heard that for nearly a year now, apparently Frankie Boyle doesn't want to be bogged down by Mock the Week. He is regardless one of the best things on the show. Also he had said that because the points are mostly made up on the spot (kind of like how the points were handed out on Whose Line is it anyway?) were another one of the reasons.
If he did leave the show, it would certainly damage the show but i don't think it would be a fatal one. Dara O'brian, Russell Howard, Andy Parsons and Hugh Dennis are all still very funny.
Personally if he did leave i think it would be a big mistake on his part. Very few comedians have managed to secure solo fame after finding it on a group show.

Mr Blind_Io, paging Mr Blind_Io:

Developer today announced Zombie Driver, an upcoming top down vehicle based arcade action game where you control heavily armed cars against the undead. The game is supposed to feature players fighting off the hordes of the creepy crawlies in a free roaming city. Look for 17 different missions, six different vehicles, lots of upgrades and weapons (rail guns, machine guns, flame throwers and the like) and more. The game should be available in November 2009.

Fight your way through the streets of a zombie infested city to save the survivors of a disastrous chemical accident that changed most of the city's population into mindless brain hungry monsters. Time is your enemy and your car is your weapon as you race through the streets smashing everything on your way including fences, phone booths, street lamps and hordes of zombies. When the gruesomely mutated zombies become too much to handle, buy a new car or get more guns and upgrades installed. You can earn more money for finishing side quests, making kill combos and searching for hidden prizes. Game play is unrestricted and the player can freely roam through the dark streets, alleys and backyards searching for the best shortcuts or hidden power ups.

[YOUTUBE]jzWYxZLZWOE[/YOUTUBE]

Looks fun, but...rubble on the road doesn't even slow the car down, and the car can just weave back and forth over railroad tracks? That's just lazy. :p

Still looks fun, though.

Larry David was on Letterman last week, does anyone know which one it was?
Mininova only names one guest.

18 October 1, 2009 Larry David, Tom Russell

So when did M$ drop the $10 premium on games for windows games? It's been a while since I've bought any games, just bought Arkham Asylum (PC) and it was only $50 instead of the (previously) normal $60.

So when did M$ drop the $10 premium on games for windows games? It's been a while since I've bought any games, just bought Arkham Asylum (PC) and it was only $50 instead of the (previously) normal $60.

its probably the run up to Xmas and the company's will start doing their regular price antics in a effort to increase sales. With all the big names due out this month and the next two months, you can probably expect to see some games dipping in price while others remaining the same.