Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

I watched parts of the movie "Catch me if you can" on tv yesterday, and it brought up a question I have been asking myself ever since I saw the movie for the first time.

There's this young nurse, Betty, who Frank has the hots for and later plans to marry. At one point, she tells him that her parents threw her out of their house and told her that they never wanted to see her again, because she has had an abortion. She never discloses any details though. Then, when Frank has met her parents and they watch some tv show one evening, Brenda's dad invites her to sit on his lap when they sing that Irish song. She looks a him like the suggestion is very odd, but then does it.

So I wondered whether this is supposed to be a hidden clue that the baby she aborted was from her dad, and that he twisted the story to make it look it was some guy and threw her out of the house to abolish the risk that her mom ever finds out.

Last edited:
I?ve got 2 Visitor Passes for the game Killing Floor (on Steam) valid until January 13th ...

Killing_Floor_Logo.png

I actually don?t recommend the Game (stopped playing it 2 days after purchase) ... but in case anyone of you guys (or gals) want?s to try it for free, contact me.

Last edited:
Street Fighter 4 is hard... really hard.
I can only complete the Arcade mode with few characters on the easiest difficulty. Then on the second easiest the computer starts to throw Ultra combos at will and I can't seem to get anything done to them.

Any tips?

I watched Fast and Furious 4 yesterday; it was okay, it was much better than two and I didn't really care for one. Three still stands out as the best for me but this wasn't that bad; I enjoyed it but only because of the ridiculousness.

Side Note:I seriously couldn't tell the difference between Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster for a good 20 mins of the movie.

Some niggles I'd like to point out

- Killy off Letty. Er..why kinda shit reason to get Vin Diesel back and also very predictable
- Lol at all the cars at her funeral
- Yay! Hans back; Why kill off the only good dude character in the entire movie?
- The NSX wasn't featured nearly enough
- Mia was weirdly girl next door in this movie
- Chick with the Gemballa was kinda awesome but 5 bucks says she winds up dead

You do realise, chronologically it's supposed to be set around 2000/2001?

Thus of course Han is in it, he's still alive.
Plus they show a Nissan GTR in the police impound, and Paul Walker has a '08 WRX.

Yet it's set around 2001, fucking fail, lol. Plus I'd take a modded Nissan GTR over the R34 he does take.

I remember Brewster said during the coffee shop scene that five years had passed. So that would be 2007 ish?

I was watching Behind Enemy Lines the other day and cannot believe how uncanny it is that that bad guy with the sniper and track suit looks so much like Niko from GTA IV (not to mention that they're both Serbs)!

attachment.php

4105_gta4_screenshot.jpg

:shock:

Are there any official statements out there that prove that Niko was based on him?

In both GTA IV and Behind enemy lines the big boss pulling the strings is called Petrovic. BEL is a pretty laughable movie.

Last edited:
Any tips?
I?m prob the worst SF4 Player (still have unlocked very charakter) ever so I shouldn?t give you any tips ... but try the "challange" mode when you stop making progress in Arcade. Especially the "Trial" Stuff let?s you master the different moves of the charakters and learn the timing. And learn how to use the focus-attack (hold mid punch and mid kick to charge- relase to hit) and the throws ...

On the topic of having trouble with the ultra combos ... it?s either block or Jump (or both) to not get hit ... you just have to memorize what to do with what enenmy and keep enough distance to block or jump when that gauge is full.

In both GTA IV and Behind enemy lines the big boss pulling the strings is called Petrovic. BEL is a pretty laughable movie.

BEL really is.

I saw it for a friend's birthday, years ago. The one bit that I was actually interested in was about halfway through, the main character was wandering through open ground, and a gunshot rang out.

In the cinema we were in, they used the surround system so the gunshot came from the back-right of the cinema. As one, about 200 people turned their heads round and looked, anxiously.

That was fun.

The ending is just too much, the serbs miss with all their bullets, T72-shells and BMP rounds but the Good Americans hit everything from their flying platform. All the while Owen Wilson runs at least 100 meters in either direction, fetches some sort of DVD-RAM and then is rescued by a man hanging from a rope.

And there's all kinds of obvious misstakes. The road markers are yellow (oops), the french special forces for some reason ride around in a russian helicopter (durr it's foreign noone will notice) and the cars have stupid sidemarkers (what them foreigners dont have that).

Hehe yes the Stormtrooper effect, BEL is one of the worst offenders. Windtalkers is another, during the assault up the hill.

Serbs are pretty useless as bad guys... at least in movies ;)

I've had it on VHS for years and years, but just got reaquainted with it when I stumbled upon a pretty good 432x720 rip that must have come from a master since it was never released on DVD (except some goofy DVD-R disc on Amazon...wtf?)...just awesome. :)

200px-the_maxx_tv_series.jpg

There's one radio station around here (actually the only one I listen to) which has somehow discovered Muse's most recent album and has started playing "Undisclosed Desires" from time to time.

Nice. :D

I watched parts of the movie "Catch me if you can" on tv yesterday, and it brought up a question I have been asking myself ever since I saw the movie for the first time.

There's this young nurse, Betty, who Frank has the hots for and later plans to marry. At one point, she tells him that her parents threw her out of their house and told her that they never wanted to see her again, because she has had an abortion. She never discloses any details though. Then, when Frank has met her parents and they watch some tv show one evening, Brenda's dad invites her to sit on his lap when they sing that Irish song. She looks a him like the suggestion is very odd, but then does it.

So I wondered whether this is supposed to be a hidden clue that the baby she aborted was from her dad, and that he twisted the story to make it look it was some guy and threw her out of the house to abolish the risk that her mom ever finds out.
ummmmmm anyone? :unsure:

http://img15.imageshack.**/img15/6837/atlantis4640291.jpg
One of my favorite animated films. The design and art is quite spectacular.

http://img15.imageshack.**/img15/6837/atlantis4640291.jpg
One of my favorite animated films. The design and art is quite spectacular.

one of mine since it was a departure from the usual Disney fare (in that it had no songs) at the time as well. Plus it had the voice of Michael J Fox in it and was one of Jim Varney's last roles before he passed away. On top of that i'm fairly certain that i read somewhere that Mike Mignola (of Hellboy fame) was involved in it as well from a design standpoint.

one of mine since it was a departure from the usual Disney fare (in that it had no songs) at the time as well. Plus it had the voice of Michael J Fox in it and was one of Jim Varney's last roles before he passed away. On top of that i'm fairly certain that i read somewhere that Mike Mignola (of Hellboy fame) was involved in it as well from a design standpoint.

His influence was quite heavy. I bought a used copy of the special edition and in the special features it explained that the artists deconstructed Mignola's work in order to create art in his style. He was actually in the studio and created many concept art pieces and the characters/environment follow designs he created.