Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

The only one of those I'm sorry to see go is V. I watched a few episodes of No Ordinary Family and it was terrible.

I'll just leave this here.
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/05/13/20110513_2677.png

Nielson's finally come around to realizing that yes, the internet exists, and that they should account for people watching online somehow. Bout damn time, as every show I watch tends to get canceled. *cough* Pushing Daisys *cough* <_<

Even No Ordinary Family's promos sounded awful...I knew it was going to be shit. That's what a Disney subsidiary gets for trying to milk the "The Incredible's" concept for all it's worth

been told that the Wonder Woman pilot hasn't been picked up either. i guessed as much after noticing that DC had gone very silent about the series.
With Smallville finishing its 10 year run, i'd like to see another DC based tv series. Green Lantern is a obvious no-no with the film coming out and a cartoon series later this year. I was thinking about it and i thought a adaption of the GCPD series would be a great idea. GCPD (Gotham City Police Department) was a book series that was based on the cops in Gotham City.
Don't need Batman all the time, series could just run on the police and Batman operating in the background.

EDIT: Just realised this is the 4,000th time i've sold my soul to... erm, post on Final Gear.

Last edited:
After seeing stills from the Wonder Woman shoot that does not at all surprise me.

The only one of those I'm sorry to see go is V. I watched a few episodes of No Ordinary Family and it was terrible.

I didn't like V at all. I couldn't stand it anymore after I think the sixth episode. I watched half of the first or second episode of No Ordinary Family. Never finished watching it, didn't really care.

I rather liked Outsourced though. It's goofy and fun, something that more sitcoms should try to do.

can't believe Smallville ends today. after 10 years its bowing out not only with a 2 hour long episode but also takes with it Stargate SG-1's title as the longest running Sci-Fi series.

10 years... where's the time gone. i still remember watching the pilot episode. i really hope DC take the opportunity to do another comic book based series (not that Wonder Woman drivel next year) but something like a Batman Early Years series.

Indeed, I just finished watching the finale.
I have to admit that it has to be one of my favourite shows, along with SG-1...maybe I just have a thing for long running sci-fi's?
Sad to see it go but I was a little disappointed with the finale...it just seemed they had to rush through a lot of stuff.

TV needs more goddamn sci-fi though.

Ever hear a song you know you've heard elsewhere, but can't name it?

That's me for this. Can anyone name this song for me?

Starting today, Steam offers a new 24-hour deal, every single day. Look for the deals each day on the front page of Steam.

:blink: Looks like they're stepping up their game.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Gotham City Impostors, an original download-only first-person shooter where players battle for control of an unhinged Gotham City overrun by impostors inspired by the DC Comics characters Batman and The Joker. Developed by Monolith Productions, the game will be available in the Xbox LIVE? Marketplace for the Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC and PlayStation?Network.

?Gotham City Impostors blows apart expectations for superhero games with an exaggerated take on first person shooters, set in a part of the DC Universe players have never seen before,? said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production and Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. ?Monolith is creating a game that turns Gotham City upside down and we think fans are going to have a blast with this creative twist on multiplayer heroism and anti-heroism as they play up the classic rivalry between Batman and The Joker.?

Gotham City Impostors is a multiplayer game unlike any other, giving players the opportunity to rebel against conformity as they customize their own characters. Posing as amateur vigilantes or villains, gamers will create their very own Bats and Jokerz characters using unprecedented customization options including insane costumes, homebrewed gadgets and a wide range of traditional and imagined weapons.

The game will feature maps and modes inspired by DC Comics? Batman license. Fans can visit the website for more information and to sign up to receive updates regarding the game

While a Batman FPS style game sounds like a good game. i just can't wrap my head around the concept. I can't see how they are going to make a FPS style game based around a comic book character who never uses guns. I'm aware that i'm being a bit of a die hard DC Comics purist, but i always liked how Batman's principal rule was that he never kills and he never uses a gun. I don't like the idea of a game messing around with such a rule.

Ever hear a song you know you've heard elsewhere, but can't name it?

That's me for this. Can anyone name this song for me?

I know that song is from Top Gear. I think it's from when Richard and James play darts with cars in series 3 or 4.

Edit: Nope. It's from when they play with those real cars with remote control from series 6 or 7.

Edit 2: Yep. It's from the start of that segment from 07x02.

Last edited:

Looks interesting.

.....I guess you've never watched Chuck then.

http://img10.imageshack.**/img10/1985/yvonnestrahovski010.jpg

.....I guess you've never watched Chuck then.

http://img10.imageshack.**/img10/1985/yvonnestrahovski010.jpg

Nope, never watched Chuck so that's interesting. I'm avoiding reading anything ME related so as not to spoil anything, so I wouldn't know who she was based on.

Last edited:
just seen Stephen Fry's latest twitter post regarding filming of the new series of QI.
We have Sir Rossington Noble, Dame Sue Perkins, @ProfBrianCox & @alandavies1 for recording of QI tonight.
Twitter

Brian Cox on QI?! *goes to nerd heaven* this is almost as great as the news that Eliza Dushku may be appearing on Torchwood. That news being greater because... well, its Eliza Dushku. She's awesome in anything...

...and out of anything :wicked:

Nope, never watched Chuck so that's interesting. I'm avoiding reading anything ME related so as not to spoil anything, so I wouldn't know who she was based on.

It's not that the character is based on her Chuck character, they just used her likeness and voice for the game.

It's not that the character is based on her Chuck character, they just used her likeness and voice for the game.

I was referring to the real her, I have no idea what Chuck's about. Obviously it's not ME related :lol:. It's just that I wouldn't know who she was based on because I've been avoiding ME related searches .

She's just an actress. I don't know anything about her outside of some of the roles she's taken.