Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

New Hitman! Fuck yeah indeed!

Don't upspoiler without watching the above trailer:

Was that Diana??? So we go from not even seeing her face to seeing her nekkid???

:eek:

Who the fuck thought Greg Davies would be a suitable booking for "Mock the Week"? He's not funny, claps like a young girl and looks like the kind of gym teacher who would perv over you in the showers.

I actually got a STEAM account since I may be actually having a job so I can buy video games for my computer!

There's some stuff that has interested me on there like Killing Floor, Magicka, Amnesia, and so forth. And everyone kept yelling at me to get an account (just like the whole Skype bit, haha).

Also, I started watching some of the Rhett and Link videos and some of them I have to say are rather entertaining. It makes me wonder how their new show coming out at the end of the month on IFC will be.

The best thing about Steam is the sales and discounts. 75% off a game that was a high volume AAA title a few months ago? Yes please.

just watched Red Faction: Origins. typical standard fare from SyFy. the Stargate Universe bloke who plays the main character this is playing not far from the exactly same character he played in SGU. As a one off film its ok, nothing to really enjoy or single out for praise. however i got the awful feeling that this was being used as a feature length pilot episode. the ending kind of had that feel to it. which just boggles the mind, because if they did a tv series based on it. i honestly can't see how they could develop one. its all over the place so much that it would be dificult to sell it as a tv show.

It started out funny and ended on a downbeat note, and the following day it was interesting reading people's reactions. There were a few things I laughed at (the britches-obsessed redneck farmers and the movie trailers), but the ending made me wonder what direction (continuity-wise) the show will take this autumn.

I have a feeling that they're messing with us. They do like screwing with the fans.

Understandably they're probably getting tired of the show, but... but but... I don't know. I just have a feeling that the season/half-season premiere is going to be HAH! Tricked you assholes!

I have a feeling that they're messing with us. They do like screwing with the fans.

Understandably they're probably getting tired of the show, but... but but... I don't know. I just have a feeling that the season/half-season premiere is going to be HAH! Tricked you assholes!

well its not like its the first time they've done that.

well its not like its the first time they've done that.

Heh.

I admit being a bit cross at the beginning of the Terrance and Phillip episode. In the long run, it was a decent episode and one of the few April Fools pranks I have given a damn aboot. I cheered when Scott the Dick and Ugly Bob returned in the royal wedding episode last month.

Not sure I'll ever get to see another series as brilliant as The Wire. The way the various plot lines unfold is more like a novel than a TV series, each episode providing a new chapter in the story. Simply wonderful.

NCAA Football 2012 is less than a month away. It's looking sweet, the new coach dynasty stuff looks robust, but the High School Senior season-recruiting-college player seems awesomest.

With the new EA Origin whatever, BF3(and other EA titles) is/are highly unlikely to come on Steam :( . Also, they removed Crysis 2 from Steam today.

Personally i think steam is a retarded hassle! Good on EA for pulling their games!

Personally i think steam is a retarded hassle! Good on EA for pulling their games!

You think Steam is a hassle? Look at what EA's program does

Every time the download button is clicked, a download count will be added to your lifetime total. If you have installed your game via Origin on more than three computers within a ten day period, you will need to wait until the first installation expires.

Note: Re-installing your operating system, or interrupting a current download, will count as a new computer installation.

The only hassle about Steam is that it needs an internet connection (sort of, it has an offline mode that usually works, and dropping the connection mid-game has no detriment). Infinite redownloads on as many computers as you want, you can even log in to a friend's PC and play any of the games installed that you own.

Plus the sales. Oh god the sales (mind you a few other services have taken notice and done some good stuff themselves, e.g. Mass Effect 2 from EA's website for $7.50, except that used EA Download Manager which isn't terrible).

Wow, GG EA on your new retardedly restrictive digital distribution service. As long as Steam keeps on being awesome, I don't see it lasting long.

Just got my invitation to join Google Music Beta.

I hope they let me have 80+ gigs for free.

Who here remebers Drugwars? I just played some, then the cops took all my money and I was shot by the shark.

Sounds like a Facebook game.