Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

No wonder then most people don't remember her appearance.

She appears in the later comics too and they still use her likeness and refer to her as Vi but yeah she didn't have a big part in the show. I think she was in most of the last episodes in the series but only in tiny fragments.

Just remember she is queen of the internet and is probably watching you now.

So have a question about 3D glasses at the theater.

Are the IMAX ones still different from the normal ones you get at other theaters? It's been a looooooong time since I've been to an IMAX theater.

I ask because I wear eye glasses and it's annoying wearing 3D glasses over them. Are the IMAX ones better or worse? Thanks.

I know its too late and isn't directly answering your question (I haven't been to a IMAX movie in years but this is more of a PSA:

Please don't go to a "IMAX digital" movie expecting to be blown away. There's nothing wrong per say but its not a "real" IMAX experience either.

http://consumerist.com/2009/05/12/does-your-local-cinema-have-imax-or-just-imax-lite/

I know its too late and isn't directly answering your question (I haven't been to a IMAX movie in years but this is more of a PSA:

Please don't go to a "IMAX digital" movie expecting to be blown away. There's nothing wrong per say but its not a "real" IMAX experience either.

http://consumerist.com/2009/05/12/does-your-local-cinema-have-imax-or-just-imax-lite/

That's really not at all an answer to that question though and he didn't say it wasn't real IMAX. :p IMAX 3d is different from RealD which is by far the most common implementation on normal screens, unlike RealD they reuse the glasses instead of throwing them out and they're much larger like old people over glasses-sunglasses, I don't wear glasses though so I can't say much about that. IMO everything (except the price) about IMAX 3d is better than RealD. I still don't like 3D though, ruins the brightness and color for no positive gain...

That's really not at all an answer to that question though and he didn't say it wasn't real IMAX. :p IMAX 3d is different from RealD which is by far the most common implementation on normal screens, unlike RealD they reuse the glasses instead of throwing them out and they're much larger like old people over glasses-sunglasses, I don't wear glasses though so I can't say much about that. IMO everything (except the price) about IMAX 3d is better than RealD. I still don't like 3D though, ruins the brightness and color for no positive gain...

It's not the matter of the 3D so much as the size of the screen; the proper IMAX theaters you see in science museums and dedicated IMAX cinemas are way taller with a more vertical seating arrangement as opposed to the "IMAX" you suddenly see popping up inside ordinary cinema multiplexes.

Speaking of Marvel I was reading some issues of Iron Man that I downloaded during the sale last weekend.

They are old so if you are interested you have probably read them will spoiler just in case

I finished the issue where Maria Hill and Pepper Potts both realize they both had sex with Start. That was just a well written and perfectly drawn scene. They withstand his advances all those years then fall for him when he is deleting his brain on the way to becoming a bumbling idiot.

It's not the matter of the 3D so much as the size of the screen; the proper IMAX theaters you see in science museums and dedicated IMAX cinemas are way taller with a more vertical seating arrangement as opposed to the "IMAX" you suddenly see popping up inside ordinary cinema multiplexes.

Yes, but the 3d implementation is different on lIeMAX than on standard screens because they use IMAX 3D instead of RealD, because they use two digital projectors instead of one like a standard screen. Which was all the original question was about. :p

Having seen the World War Z trailer today at work I can assume that all those who wrote the script has never bothered actually reading the book. Never been so pissed off with a book to film adaptation in my life.

Reactions: TC
Having seen the World War Z trailer today at work I can assume that all those who wrote the script has never bothered actually reading the book. Never been so pissed off with a book to film adaptation in my life.

Seriously. I think they purchased the film rights just to use the name. Everything that made it unique from other zombie stories was dropped in favor of the cookie-cutter "father trying to save his family" garbage that's overused like crazy.

Um, HOLY CRAP. Made my skin crawl, have got to watch this.

[video=youtube;SXl-krlLoxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SXl-krlLoxg[/video]

That looks really good actually.

Last edited:
Ok folks, a lot of seasons just ended and not too many are already back, so I am lacking TV-series to watch. Anything that just recently started thats worth watching? Mostly I'll watch anything thats watchable in the genres of action, comedy, crime, scifi or anything thats just enjoyable.

Ok folks, a lot of seasons just ended and not too many are already back, so I am lacking TV-series to watch. Anything that just recently started thats worth watching? Mostly I'll watch anything thats watchable in the genres of action, comedy, crime, scifi or anything thats just enjoyable.
maybe add what you've already watched so we can judge what you like and what we don't have to recommend :)

oh who am i kidding, what do i care what you like and already watched... :p must watch from me, both comedy, both immensely enjoyable (and both probably known to you ^^):
- community (s4 just finished)
- arrested development (s1 - s3 from 2003-2005 or something and s4 will be available from netflix from may 26th)

Last edited:
maybe add what you've already watched so we can judge what you like and what we don't have to recommend :)

oh who am i kidding, what do i care what you like and already watched... :p must watch from me, both comedy, both immensely enjoyable (and both probably known to you ^^):
- community (s4 just finished)
- arrested development (s1 - s3 from 2003-2005 or something and s4 will be available from netflix from may 26th)

See, you got the point :p.

- community: checked out an old trailer. seems kinda fun, but I am not sure about the whole crap with building up a fake story and waiting for it to fall apart. Or does all that basically happen in episode 1?
- arrested development: watching stuff from that, I am so not sure I want to see that :D. Seems more than just a little bit crazy :mrgreen:

community: yes, that whole fake study-group thing is just episode 1. all the others have the weirdest and most awesome stuff going on, including stuff you couldn't possibly imagine wihtout seeing those episodes. it's all hilarious :nod:

arrested development: definitely crazy as well, yes. i can't describe the appeal of the show, to be honest. maybe it's the way the characters interact, how well they're played, or the whole mix of it... i just don't know :p

BBC Four has a regular slot for high quality (budget), foreign language TV detective series from around Europe on 21:00 on Saturday evenings.

All are shown in the original language with subtitles.

Arne Dahl - Swedish
Spiral - French and called Engrenages
Wallander - Swedish
The Bridge - Swedish / Danish
Montalbano - Italian

They usually run to 75 to 90 minutes each episode and feature lots of location filming, hence they look great. The stories are all very interesting and well written as well.

The regular audience is about 400,000, which is a lot for BBC Four and I am one of those yet I rarely, if ever, watch British made TV detective dramas.

Does anyoneone else around Europe (or anywhere) see these shows, other than the country of origin?

:smile:

Last edited: