Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-unity-pc-specs/

5129141222_kid_w_middle_finger_xlarge.jpeg

I won't consume any AC until someone fixes the story by making a movie out of it.

Oh yeah!

[video=youtube;b9xkZQq-U7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9xkZQq-U7Y[/video]

BBC Radio 1 rescored Drive.

Erm dear BBC, Drive is a perfect film, with an outstanding soundtrack. It's on iplayer, if you wanna see a great film ruined.

well crap. i thought they might actually do it (and its outstanding soundtrack) justice with that... guess not -.-

welp, jumped through it a bit, and it doesn't seem so bad. certainly not as good as the original, but i didn't really believe they could pull that off. then again, maybe it's worse actually watching the whole thing and not just catching a few minutes of it.

Last edited:
I bought Sunset Overdrive over the weekend as a game to fill the time until The Masterchief Collection comes out. I'm enjoying it way more than I expected. The game doesn't really do anything new but it's still a lot of fun. I think I'll have a hard time putting it down to play MCC next week.

Really enjoying Advanced Warfare. Runs smooth as silk, gameplay is really fast paced and well put together. Best CoD since Black Ops so far. And this is coming from someone that loves Titanfall.

Games games games!

https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

Welcome to The Internet Arcade

The Internet Arcade is a web-based library of arcade (coin-operated) video games from the 1970s through to the 1990s, emulated in JSMAME, part of the JSMESS software package. Containing hundreds of games ranging through many different genres and styles, the Arcade provides research, comparison, and entertainment in the realm of the Video Game Arcade.

The game collection ranges from early "bronze-age" videogames, with black and white screens and simple sounds, through to large-scale games containing digitized voices, images and music. Most ga mes are playable in some form, although some are useful more for verification of behavior or programming due to the intensity and requirements of their systems.

Many games have a "boot-up" sequence when first turned on, where the systems run through a check and analysis, making sure all systems are go. In some cases, odd controllers make proper playing of the systems on a keyboard or joypad a pale imitation of the original experience. Please report any issues to the Internet Arcade Operator, Jason Scott.

Oh yeah!

[video=youtube;b9xkZQq-U7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9xkZQq-U7Y[/video]

That's fantastic!

The forestry in this game is strangely addictive, after half a day (!) of messing with it I got pretty good at controlling the cranes with a mouse, it's possible to get it smooth and 'real' looking but still feels a little weird...

Downside to the forestry is however that it breaks the game a little, who needs 300 bucks a ton grain when a large truckload of logs = 200.000 bucks :p

Last edited:
I want somebody to make the original Perfect Dark on a graphics new engine, but everything exactly as it was in the original, just upgraded visuals.

I want somebody to make the original Perfect Dark on a graphics new engine, but everything exactly as it was in the original, just upgraded visuals.

What game is that?

Also, rumours are going around about the next CoD, Treyarch's one. Black Ops 3 it seems, taking the best from previous Black Ops games. If they pull it off I can't help but wonder how much life Battlefield has in it. And this is from someone that played BF, CoD and Titanfall.

Last edited:
I got a closed beta code for The Crew, i'm two minutes in and I capture a control tower/radio tower/whatever it's called in Watch Dogs. This is a Ubisoft game alright.

This is the second beta, I didn't have the first one. But apparently the first one wasn't well received.
It's Need for Speed Underground, meets Test Drive Unlimited, meets Burnout, wrapped up in a Fast and Furious Ubisoft way.

They give you a few options for first car, Mustang, Challenger, 370Z or Camaro. I just recreated Bumbleebee obviously. The driving itself isn't great, it's better than Watch Dogs, but not exactly a simulation racer.

Don't be silly, if it's set in Japan how are you supposed to make all the characters white? All the characters need to be white, obviously. This is based on my observations.