Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Fianc?e got me into Peaky Blinders. Its pretty good.

I swear to God Nintendo if you pull this false limited availability crap with the SNES classic mini like you did with the regular NES mini I'm gonna fly to Japan and feed every last one of you to a blender.

Better order it now.

Nobody round here is accepting pre-orders at this point, and the online stores that did saw them sell out in minutes.....

I think I have a heist to plan.

or..just...you know, emulate. ;)

There are SNES controllers for PC for the full experience.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...der-a-mini-snes-classic-edition/#172237aa1f4d

Here's Where You Can Sign Up To Pre-Order A Mini SNES Classic Edition

The good news: they say they are making more, and the controller cords will be 5' instead of the 3ft of the NES. That still seems short, but know that the buttons on the console serve a purpose other than just power, so you'll likely want to have it pulled closer to you when you game.

The bad news: now that people have seen how the previous one sold, even MORE people will try to horde them, likely offsetting any production increases. I haven't seen any info on if the controller ports will be the same or different. The NES let you use any Wii-style jack controller. I haven't seen 100% confirmation about with the SNES will have.

Last edited:
Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Yeah and Linux is a superior OS platform. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen any info on if the controller ports will be the same or different. The NES let you use any Wii-style jack controller. I haven't seen 100% confirmation about with the SNES will have.

Same Wii ports, one of the Japanese promo images even shows where the actual ports are.
SFC_Classic.jpg

Yeah and Linux is a superior OS platform. :rolleyes:

It may well be, I wouldn't know, I use what's practical for me. Like Snes9x and an F310 gamepad ;)

Tried that....somehow just not the same, I'm just stuck in the past :p

On another note GOT ONE ORDERED, after 6 stores I all signed up to be notified by were all sold out before I could respond, I was able to order one through a grocerie store chain that also sells non-food items via a prehistoric 'order online (or from an actual paper catalogue (!)) and collect in store' systhem only used by clueless housewives....and me it seems.

Last edited:
Saw Logan on the plane last night. Reeeeally liked it.

Saw the first 98% or so of Lego Batman. It was...ok. I had a couple chuckles, but...i don't know...juts didn't grab me like the first one. An animation triumph, but...meh.

Last edited:
Really stupid question, but is there any reason to buy the deluxe version of Forza 6 over the standard version?

Really stupid question, but is there any reason to buy the deluxe version of Forza 6 over the standard version?

Not with such a short time to go until Forza 7 comes out. However forgetting that it depends on what you want. You get some DLC cars with the deluxe edition and that's it. I always go for the ultimate editions because they come with extra cars and a discounted car pass that I know I would be buying anyway.

I'd say wait until Forza 7 is out if you can, buy that if you like it and if you don't the price of Forza 6 should've gone down due to the new release. I should say I hated the single player mode in 6, it forced you to complete races you didn't necessarily want to in order to progress.

---

In other news I started with Star Citizen last night, I feel like now is the right time. Got myself the starter package with the Reliant Kore, I do fancy myself as a bit of a space truck driver so that feels right as a starter. Also the whole horizontal/vertical transformation thing is awesome. disappointed in the framerates with my 1080ti, I guess the i5 is letting it down.

What i5 do you have?

Sounds like it's time for Ryzen. :tease:

I am not familiar with that specific CPU. What resolution are you running? Is anything throttling?

Sounds like it's time for Ryzen. :tease:

I am not familiar with that specific CPU. What resolution are you running? Is anything throttling?

I'm not prepared to give AMD any of my money just yet, it would take a screw up from Intel for me to go back. Back in the days of the Athlon64 dual core I was a big fan, then it went down hill.

I suppose this should be in the tech section now but I'm running 3840x2160, the CPU is automatically overclocking to 4GHz thanks to the board, not throttling and actually when I watch the numbers it isn't going above 50% usage. Maybe it's the engine that's at fault but I can't get a steady 60fps on max settings and that surprises me. Prey is similar, Forza Horizon 3 works great at 4k60 max settings.

Some games are just more demanding than others.