Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Anyone else caught Savage Builds yet?

Not sure how they will manage to top the first episode. I won't give anything away but it was off the scale awesome.

Last month I found out that, for the second time in my life, I have worn out a CD to the point where no CD player or drive I own can spin it up to playing speed any more due to the wear on and around the spindle area. It just slips like a MGB with a really bad clutch trying to go up a driveway when you put it in a player with a visible mechanism.

The first CD was Best O Boingo which I got in CD form in about 92 or so; being my favorite band and before the age of digital music players, I had played it so much as a kid and young adult that I had to buy a replacement in the late 90s. I've had my copy of Depeche Mode's Violator just as long and it's been in various cars over the years too. I had suddenly realized that the best rip I had of it was some mediocre 192k MP3s; when I went to re rip it I found it simply wouldn't spin up any more. -sigh- Oh well. Another purchased copy later, I have some nice 320k AAC and ALAC versions.

Just watched this trailer, all I can say is "why?"

WHAT
THE
FUCK

Are we out of original ideas?

Looks much better than I feared, but I don't like seeing so many new faces. It was one of the things that I think killed the second and third Matrix films. The first had like 5 characters, then the second and third films had like 500. It may be a mistake to have too many characters, with too many plot lines, etc. Better to keep the story and cast tight, imo.

Because it is hot out, today has turned into a parody movie marathon. I started out with Airplane, then the sequel, now I am starting Spaceballs. I may have to change it up after that.

I wonder how many computer hours went into making DiNero look so young.

I was not planning on getting the new Disney streaming service until next year, and then using it for a month or two at a time. Then they released this.... damn it!

I've been interested in Disney's streaming service for a while, but not for any Star Wars content. As far as I'm concerned, the only good Star Wars theatrical film you can get on bluray is Rogue One, everything else is pure hot garbage. But this Mandalorian series does look good, but I wonder how much of that is creative trailer editing. It would be nice if they took a few risks and made a dark brutal series out of it...

I think everyone starting their own streaming service is a bit of a pain, it will soon be as expensive as having a high tier cable package. With Disney, there is only a small amount that they have that I want to see, so it will only be used a month or two at a time for the most part. The Mandalorian looks good and that might push me into getting the service sooner, rather than later.

Yeah, it really depends on what they offer, but also what might disappear from other services. Disney owns the Marvel stuff, for example, so I can only assume those will end up exclusive to Disney's streaming service, along with any other original programming. That is supposedly the reason why Netflix programs like the Punisher and Daredevil were cancelled, since Disney was not about to let a competitor use their IP.

I imagine that I may end up cancelling my Netflix in favor of the Disney service, but it all just depends.

Disney offered a deal on a group of their services for the same price as Netflix's monthly fee. I believe it is Disney, Hulu and National Geographic, but I am not sure it is still available, or how long it lasts at that price.

I don't have any kids, so the Disney service is of limited use to me other than an occasional watch. I am not a huge comic book guy, although some of the comic movies are entertaining.

By the way, I am of the opinion the Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie. I still like the original trilogy, and Episode III, but so far I am not impressed enough by the latest trilogy.

Among my acquaintances there is a guy who is called "Hammy" by everybody despite this nickname having obviously no connection to his actual name.
Tonight I watched "Over the Hedge" for the first time. Now I understand. The nick fits 110%. ?

Among my acquaintances there is a guy who is called "Hammy" by everybody despite this nickname having obviously no connection to his actual name.
Tonight I watched "Over the Hedge" for the first time. Now I understand. The nick fits 110%. ?
He shouldn't have coffee?